Dispensationalist Anti-Christ & New World Order forsaken for Historicist A-Mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Little Nail

Puritan Board Sophomore
I originally posted this on another thread:
http://www.puritanboard.com/f103/conspiracy-theories-78753/index2.html
but thought it would also be well suited here:
Many a Dispensationalist believes in a New World Order Conspiracy due to there holding of Futurism with its belief in a Future Anti-Christ World/European Dictator & literal 666 Mark of the Beast having said that I held that belief system in my early Christian years as have many folk who've now moved to a Reformed Covenant TheologicalFramework having said that, I've moved to a Historicist A-Millennial understanding of the Book of Revelation,so now my Belief is that the Roman Papacy is the AntiChrist/Man of Sin/Son of Perdition/Beast of Rev 13/Little Horn Dan 7
& the Great Conspiracy is the Pope's Jesuit Order's Worldwide Continuing Counter Reformation War against Protestantism,(IHS being a Latin Inscription for In Hoc Signo Vinces, In This Sign Conquer being the catch phrase of the so called New World Order which is identical in meaning with the Eye in the Triangle Symbol seen in many Roman Catholic "Churches" & on the US Dollar Bill)which is being waged on many fronts,under many guises like Vatican II Ecumenical Trojan Horse,Jesuit Fascism,Jesuit Liberation Theology (Communism),with the so-called New World Order being nothing more than a Jesuit attempt at installing the Roman Papacy as the Future World Leader as he claims complete Temporal Power & Spiritual Dominion over the Earth,whom The Lord Jesus Christ will consume with the breath of His mouth & The Brightness of His Coming.

Sounds like you're out of the frying pan and into the fire, brother. Biblical eschatology isn't there to encourage us to see conspiracies round every corner.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Out of curiosity, pace the New World Order, what do we make of statements by the elite where they argue for precisely that? I commend your eschatological moves, so to speak, but believing in the existence of a New World Order (or taking the Rockefeller quote at face-value) is independent of a specific eschatological system.

"The United Nations, he told an audience at Harvard University, 'has not been able--nor can it be able--to shape a new world order which events so compellingly demand.' ... The new world order that will answer economic, military, and political problems, he said, 'urgently requires, I believe, that the United States take the leadership among all free peoples to make the underlying concepts and aspirations of national sovereignty truly meaningful through the federal approach."
Gov. Nelson Rockefeller of New York, in an article entitled "Rockefeller Bids Free Lands Unite: Calls at Harvard for Drive to Build New World Order" -- The New York Times (February 1962)

There could well be a New World Order, as there have been and are persecutory dictatorships in e.g. China, Saudi Arabia, the USSR, etc, etc. But unlike dispensationalism, we Reformed do not find prophecies in specific terms about the said, New World Order, the USSR, China, Saudi Arabia, Hitler, Pol Pot,etc,etc,etc. The Reformed find in general terms predictions of statist persecution, off and on, until the end of time (amil) or for an extensive period (postmil), but don't hold to the "newspaper" exegesis, that sees specific current events like WW I, WW II, the rise of the EU, September 11, the rise of a one world dictatorship, etc, etc, as being detailed fulfilments of detailed prophecies in Revelation or elsewhere in Scripture. This provides for a less paranoid and more sanguine view of current affairs than that which some Dispensationalists have.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back