Dissolution of pastor relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotzo

Puritan Board Sophomore
Need help with a difficult situation, but I don't even know if anything can be done about it at this point.

Does the BCO allow a PCA communing member to request Presbytery to look into the circumstances surrounding a minister's resignation? Only thing I can find under Chapter 23 is:

"Presbytery needs to determine if the dissolution of the pastoral relationship
with the senior pastor was brought about in Christian love and good order on
the part of the parties concerned."

That is probably the best that you can hope for. I would think that if the circumstances were less than honorable, the presbytery would look into the situation and talk to the parties involved. There could be sin issues involved that may not be known to the general public to allow for confession, repentance, and forgiveness for the church and the pastor. That is a hard one. Hope this helps you, brother.

That is probably the best that you can hope for. I would think that if the circumstances were less than honorable, the presbytery would look into the situation and talk to the parties involved. There could be sin issues involved that may not be known to the general public to allow for confession, repentance, and forgiveness for the church and the pastor. That is a hard one. Hope this helps you, brother.

The circumstances are honorable...a very solid minister who has a love for the Gospel and the congregation/city he is serving. This makes the resignation all the more difficult. I hope the unity of the church did not take a backseat to personal preferences not fundamental to the faith (I Cor 1:10, Prov 6:19, Mark 3:25).

Thanks for your counsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back