Do you know about Christ or know Him intimately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regi Addictissimus

Completely sold out to the King
My guess is that all of us have been guilty of going through the motions in a church service. We mouth the words to familiar songs, but our minds are on the person in front of us or on our plans for the week. Or we can finish our daily Bible reading and prayer, not really remembering what we read or what we prayed. But we did get it done. If we are honest with ourselves, we all know times when we are guilty of Jesus’s charge to the Pharisees: “This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me” (Mark 7:6–7).

But that’s not what Jesus wants from us. He does not want lip service. He wants our hearts. His concern is not simply for sincerity but for personal devotion, that He reside at the center of our being and doing. His word to the Pharisees is that their heart is “far from Me.” He wants us to draw near to Him, to know Him—not merely know about Him but know Him, intimately.

Stanley D. Gale. Re: velation - Seeing Jesus, Seeing Self, Standing Firm (Kindle Locations 329-335). Reformation Heritage Books. Kindle Edition.

Paul Washer said something very true, and also humorous on the subject. If I walk to the White House, security will stop me and ask what my business is there. If I reply that I know the President and am there to see him, that doesn't matter one iota. But if the President walks by and says he knows me, that makes all the difference. We don't want Christ to say He never knew us. May we continually seek to be known by Him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back