Do you like the new layout?

What do you think of the new site layout & logos?

• You so totally rock! Marines truly are the Nation's finest!

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • It's fine. Get back to work Jarhead!

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Somebody get me a bucket. I think I'm going to be ill.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • This is great in a historical sense but it's terrible eschatologically.

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
Let me know what you like/dislike about the new site layout and logos. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome.

[note to self]Keep list of those who vote #2 or #3 (even though they think they're voting invisibly since I know everything as an Admin) and change their Avatar to Rosie O'Donnell.[/note to self]

Went with This is great in a historical sense but it's terrible eschatologically. The SBS are better than the marines :p

Went with This is great in a historical sense but it's terrible eschatologically. The SBS are better than the marines :p

Right...

A U.S. Marine friend of mine once trained with the Royal Marines for a month or so and was in England. The Royal Marines had a social event during which they celebrated some memorable victory some 300 years ago. The specific battle they were celebrating escapes me.

One of the Royal Marines asked my friend: Do the U.S. Marines celebrate battle victories like this?

To which my friend replied: "Nah! There would be too many to celebrate."

Right...

A U.S. Marine friend of mine once trained with the Royal Marines for a month or so and was in England. The Royal Marines had a social event during which they celebrated some memorable victory some 300 years ago. The specific battle they were celebrating escapes me.

One of the Royal Marines asked my friend: Do the U.S. Marines celebrate battle victories like this?

To which my friend replied: "Nah! There would be too many to celebrate."

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: For what it is worth the RM and the SBS are not the same ;)

Yes, I know. But the story is still funny...and apt.

I must confess it did raise a chuckle.
United%20Kingdom.gif

I like the new setup. I didn't think it was time yet to send in the Marines just yet, and I did have the distinct notion that the Senate would oppose that move, but I'm glad for the change all the same. It's easier to see the important things right off the bat.

I like the new setup. I didn't think it was time yet to send in the Marines just yet, and I did have the distinct notion that the Senate would oppose that move, but I'm glad for the change all the same. It's easier to see the important things right off the bat.

The Senate! We don't need no stinkin' Senate!

Just kiddin', folks, just kiddin'!!

My first impression of the new homepage is that it looks a little cluttered. But, I guess I'll have to get used to it.

I wish you'd warn us first when you're about to do stuff like that. We old people (I'm 54) shouldn't have our hearts jolted like that, so suddenly!:D

I had Rich shift it off the thread pages as it was directly there as well; to me it was information overload. It's not so bad now, in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back