Do you love the Virgin Mary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that scripture isn't explicit in this matter, it would be folly to assert or affirm Mary's perpetual virginity. By the same token, I think one might allow for such a possibility, so long as too much isn't made of it.

I don't see any reason for Mary's perpetual virginity. It's not taught in Scripture.

Is it believed that she thought this was the right thing to do or that God had told her to remain a virgin because her womb was holy? What is the theological raison d'etre?

It is more in keeping with Christ's full humanity that his mother's womb wasn't sacred and could be used to produce brothers and sisters.

He was as much a man as we are, yet without sin.

We know that the errors that would become Romanism were mysteriously developing even in Paul's day.

While this is not certain, but merely pious tradition, I don't think I voted at all.

The Roman church and the EO as well, teach that Joseph was a widower with sons and daughters from a previous marriage. So the brothers and sisters of Jesus were step siblings, or some such. Half-siblings? whatever. I just do not see any evidence for that. Would love to see if any evidence exists in the EFCs. But I agree there is NO reason to see Mary fulfilling her wifely duties in bed as making her less of a truly Blessed woman.

Yes.

The Holy Spirit moved over the ovum of Mary to make a New Creation, just as He had hovered over the unformed and unfilled Earth, thousands of years before, to make the Old Creation.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (Gen 1:2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back