Do You Meditate? Quote of the week for Me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
"Meditation is to make knowledge clear and distinct. Divers Christians have thier heads full of raw, confused things, a company of broken ends, notions of small use to themselves or others, for want of due digestion in mediation."
(Nathanael Ranew, [i:7829e6d847]Solutide Improved by Divine Meditation[/i:7829e6d847], 1602-1678, Page 67)

So true.

[Edited on 2-20-2004 by webmaster]

I have been meditating on Matthew 5:6 this week. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be satisified."

The key focus for my meditation has been to spend time examining what it means to be satisifed.

If I hunger and thirst after being right with God, I will be satisfied. It is walking with God that should satisfy me. Am I satisfied with Christ? Is He my all in all? He is my Shepherd, so if I think I am left wanting, then I am not finding my satisfaction in Him!

Phillip

[i:7974a38b2a]Originally posted by webmaster[/i:7974a38b2a]
Divers Christians have thier heads full of raw, confused things, a company of broken ends, notions of small use to themselves or others, for want of due digestion in mediation."

Reply...

Would having a glass of water along with meditation help it to digest a little better?
:bouncy:

I read Psalms (or Proverbs) and some of the Gospels every morning before school; if something jumps out at me, I meditate on it for the rest of the day. What stuck out for me today was God's justice, might, protection and wrath in one of the Psalms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back