Doctrine of Hell

Discussion in 'Calvinism & The Doctrines of Grace' started by AJAY, Jun 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De Jager

De Jager Puritan Board Freshman

I have no idea, but no unregenerate, unjustified person will ever enter heaven so the question doesn't matter a whole lot (no offense intended).

Regardless, those who live on earth without God will still find Hell much worse, because any semblance of common grace will be withheld; furthermore, I believe the scriptures teach that those in hell will endure active punishment.

It is called a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth for a reason.

2. Ask Mr. Religion

Ask Mr. Religion Flatly Unflappable

Persons in Hell may be full of regret, but not repentance. They continue to shake their fists upward at God with teeth clenched, sinning always, hence the retributive eternal punishment of God is more than justified. If anyone in Hell truly repented, they would admit that they are exactly where they need to be. In that one sense, the gates of Hell are locked from the inside.

3. Ask Mr. Religion

On the matter of the "most people" assumption, Warfield provides a counter view in the attached.

Attached Files:

4. Gforce9

Gforce9 Puritan Board Junior

Generally speaking, yes. In the category, I would put YRR, New Calvinism, non-confessional Baptists. Any system, group, or individual that igores or rejects a Reformed Ecclesiology.

5. Dachaser

Dachaser Puritan Board Professor

hell is closed off from inside it though
    The worst aspect will be devoid of the presence of God totally and forever, for they will be left to stew in their own darkness and sins forever.
    Cannot ever imagine a place where no light/good ever exists, totally dark and evil...

6. earl40

earl40 Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Does Warfield or anybody else deal with the Book of Revelation and its suggestion of the multitudes who are dealt with?

7. Ask Mr. Religion

8. Ben Mordecai

Ben Mordecai Puritan Board Freshman

Yes they do, but I have trouble telling heads or tails of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.