Does all truth come from the Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the basic principles of all basic math then be found in Scripture?

The way I understand it, from something I may or may not have understood from a debate I read between Van Til and some one else, we can't know anything at all the way God knows it. If we as Christians are joined to Christ's humanity we have access to God through Christ, but we still are never part of God, so we can't even know 2 plus 2 equals 4 in the way God can.

So I guess it's really a "no" on a theoretical level.

And let's remember that even though the Bible is God's infallible Word, the reverse isn't true, that God is summed up in the Bible. The Bible itself points out
Joh 21:25 Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.

God does not merely know a greater quantity of facts than we, he knows all those facts in a greater quality as well.

Is that what I hear you saying?

How would one prove this? How do we know this?

God does not merely know a greater quantity of facts than we, he knows all those facts in a greater quality as well.

Is that what I hear you saying?

How would one prove this? How do we know this?

Exactly. I think the only way to prove this is by tackling the question of God's "Wholly Otherness", and the way I've seen it done is by showing that we never really partake of God's essence, but only as it is communicated to us through the relationship that Christ has with God.

The best way I've understood this is that 1. Scripture is our starting point and therefore our preeminent source of information; therefore, 2. everything obtained from God's Word or from God-given faculties (reasoning, senses, etc.) is truth.

Of course, we can misuse these faculties, but nonetheless, when properly utilized, these things are truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back