Does anyone have a set of Lenski's Commentary that they are willing to part with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

valiant4truth

Puritan Board Freshman
I am looking to get a set of commentaries by R.C.H. Lenski for a reasonable (read 'cheap') price. Does anyone have a set that they would like to get rid of?

Has your set arrived yet & are you pleased with your outlay & the physical condition of the set as well as the theological & exegetical content of the books considering their Lutheran?

Robert, I have not received them yet. As a matter of fact, all that I have done at this point is locate a set and have the owner set them aside until I can pay for them. They are a bit expensive. I am familiar with Lenski and I know that he is a bit wonky in places (after all, he is Lutheran) but is very good in other places. I have found him quite helpful in the past. Might I ask why you as about the outlay and such?

Believe it or not, Augsburg/Fortress Press has just put the entire 20-volume set of Lenski's commentaries back in print. It's a set of 20 paperback volumes. The list price is (gulp!) $700.000 - which is, of course, completely ridiculous for a set of 20 paperbacks (even though they're nicely done). The new CBD academic resources catalog (Christian Book Distributors) has the set on sale at $470 - still not cheap, but better. I wonder if Amazon will eventually have them cheaper? But hey, at least Lenski is back in print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back