Does God believe in Atheists by John Blanchard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen L Smith

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone read this book? I recently picked it up.

I was struck by these comments in the Foreword by Dr Sinclair Ferguson:

"Here is a college course on philosophy, anthropology, geology and the life sciences—yet packaged in such a way that a person of average intelligence will be able to follow, understand, enjoy and find it deeply relevant. ... If you area Christian you will find this work to be an illuminating survey of what lies behind modern thought; and that survey will better equip you to explain the Christian faith to your own contemporaries."

Any thoughts? I have been inspired for some time about John Blanchard's convictions on evangelism.

My minister was talking about it last night! He is in the middle of reading it. He says it helps one to think on the attributes of God, and why He who created all these magnificent things would care about us sinners. He said something along the lines of, The same One who made all these stars that are (~180,000) light years away from us is the same One who loves and knows me. There is also the aspect of Blanchard's proving atheism to be folly that is intriguing. However, the minister did comment that his application seems rather Arminian.

I haven't read it myself, however, so I can't add my two pence, but I think it may be worth at the very least browsing through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back