Does God Judge the Southwest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard King

Puritan Board Senior
I was speaking with a friend from my old church days (pre-reformed) and he declared that the American southwest was going to be 'given over' to the illegal aliens as judgment on America...because as he put it...even those illegal aliens believe abortion is murder because it is what Rome teaches them in Catholic doctrine BUT America won't make that stand.

My question, do you reformed believers have the same take on what God might do?

I don't have the same take. I don't see illegal immigration as a judgment from God.

Honestly, if it takes a flood of immigrants (legal and otherwise) to end abortion, I say open the borders! I'd rather have a million illegals in the country than a million murdered babies.

Hmmm, maybe we've been lobbying on the wrong front.

He may be talking about a movement to create a separate nation, called, I believe, Nahuatl, in the Southwest, an attempt to retake territory taken in the Mexican-American War, the one with the Alamo. They want to go back to the Aztec religion, they say. They would probably be very sorry they did that, very shortly.

With the Hispanic population rising it's a possibility, but a very remote one, I think.

Originally posted by turmeric

He may be talking about a movement to create a separate nation, called, I believe, Nahuatl, in the Southwest, an attempt to retake territory taken in the Mexican-American War, the one with the Alamo. They want to go back to the Aztec religion, they say. They would probably be very sorry they did that, very shortly.

With the Hispanic population rising it's a possibility, but a very remote one, I think.

I've never heard of this movement, before. Are they serious? Cuz, umm, NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Of course, we could get rid of Los Angeles..... hmmm...... :D

Judgment from God or not, the problem is huge. It seems as if our public servants no longer care about the well being of even their own constituents.

:pray2: :candle:

Originally posted by sastark
Originally posted by turmeric

I've never heard of this movement, before. Are they serious? Cuz, umm, NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Of course, we could get rid of Los Angeles..... hmmm...... :D

I saw a program on PBS about this 10yrs. ago, also heard something on the radio (I call it scare-radio) last year I think.

yeah, I live in the thick of it and I have heard of the return of AZATLAN for years. Only the very militant seem to be working towards this and it seems complete lunacy until you think about other lands that have been taken from one group and given to another that can swing world opinion to thinking they were wronged. I am not worried because Texas hispanics that I am around are about has patriotic and pro Texas (if not America) as anyone you will meet.

My question still is... do we reap what we sow as a nation in this day and age? How long can we coast along before this abortion thing brings judgment ? Or do yall see God handling things in a different manner?

Originally posted by Authorised
Judgment from God or not, the problem is huge. It seems as if our public servants no longer care about the well being of even their own constituents.

:pray2: :candle:

I know many might agree but I do not think illegal immegration is really the issue. It is the free stuff that they get when they get here which is the biggest problem. (Of course having people breaking the law without a care in the world is not a good situation)

A solution that I have heard suggested is something like this "No state handouts of any sort for the first ten years of residence and a mandatory medical test (to make sure no one is breaking diseases in) and also some sort of criminal background check)

CT

I can see the new North America layout now: The United States of Canada, Jesusland, and Nahuatl. :lol:

Did anybody else see those silly maps after the election last fall? I mean, come on, it may have nicer weather, but I don't imagine the South is *that* great! :lol::lol::lol:

(Note: that's not a shot at the South, that's a shot at the Athiests who think that calling a place "Jesusland" is insulting it!)

Anytime a nation ignores the law of God, a judgment is sure to unfold. I believe in this case, a "protective" measure is relinquished. We reap the benefits of such inaction.

Illegal immigration has many consequences. Just look at the laws being ignored with this particular issue. Our reward for such inaction is achieved by our government's lack of interest. What a judgment in Sept 01.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back