Does there exist a chronological list of Puritan works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username3000

Greetings,

I am in the process of reading John Buchan's biography of Oliver Cromwell, and in addition to causing me to see just what an amazing century the 1600's were, as well as adding much needed context to every Puritan book I now read, it has also made me wonder what Puritan books were written during the civil war years in England. I am curious to know if certain topics were written about more during the war, or during the persecution that followed the restoration of Charles II. Does anyone know of a list of books by Puritan divines arranged in chronological order, so that I could find answers to these questions?

Thank you.

Thomason Tracks covers the 1640s-1660s. Thomason bought just about everything that was published noting the date he did on the title page and amassed a huge collection. This index is arranged by date. https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=thomason+tracts&safe=off&tbm=bks
I used this relating to a specific study of what works may have influenced the Westminster Assembly in their debates about the law of God (apparently the first to do such a study according to Van Dixhoorn). So the collection is useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back