Dominos Pizza has the coolest online ordering process I've ever seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I can't remember the last time I ordered pizza from Dominos but decided to get pizza for the family tonight as both Sonya and I are busy. I've used the online process for Pizza Hut and Papa Johns but Dominos is remarkable.

The others have the ability to see your pizza as you're building it but this is more intuitive.

Probably the coolest feature is that, once your order is complete, you go to a confirmation page and it displays, in real time, the progress of your order (everything from "Jennifer is preparing your pizza" to "Jennifer put the pizza in the oven at 5:34 pm".

It's just amazing. I'm a big fan of well-designed websites and even a bigger fan of process improvement. This is just amazing.

I think *one* of the reasons is the franchise system. If the head office gets a percentage of everything, then every single stroke of the cash register gets sent to the hub, and they can interpret things. Can't exactly have a trust system in that particular industry. And so, other things develop out of the centralisation technology, and some use it better than others.

Great post and useful for more than trivia.

Todd, have you had their "new" pizzas--they really are better than their old pizza (though still not as good as the competition, but it was free, so...)

Todd, have you had their "new" pizzas--they really are better than their old pizza (though still not as good as the competition, but it was free, so...)

I have, still don't like them. Papa is the way to go if I have to get a pizza out. I prefer home made. :)

It's been a while, but not that long - though I can well remember the greasy wet-cardboard crust with bad Chef Boyardee Sauce days - I've just never been a fan even after they've tried to step things up. Pizza Hut still beats them out if you have to go "big chain". I'm more of a local pizzeria guy, and we've got two good ones here that we buy from if we don't get Pizza Hut online.

My experience has been the opposite. We ordered from Pizza Hut last month, and I don't know if I will ever order again. The pizza was that bad. Worse than old Dominos. And I like Pizza Hut usually. We ordered from Domino's last week as part of a deal. I was impressed with the improvement.

Rich you are correct in the Domino's site. I used it once when I was traveling to a friend's house about 60 miles away from me. I like how I could pick what toppings I wanted on the left or right side of my pizzas. I happen to not like the cheese (I know that's weird), and the site even had the option of no cheese, AND they gave me a discount because I ordered online.

I am all for automation, but being from the northern New Jersey area, I love REAL pizza. There's nothing like Santo, from Pizzaland in North Arlington, making your pizza from scratch. No online ordering. You stand in line with 20 other people waiting for your pizza and you LOVE it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back