Donate books to start up seminary in SE Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB.SDG

Puritan Board Junior
Hi,

The denomination we're partnered with in a country next to India started a certificate course this year in the hopes of developing it into a seminary. One of the needs they have is books to start an English theological library. They are looking to start with classics: Calvin's Institutes, Hodge, Bavinck, etc; as well as newer helpful systematics (Reymond, Beeke, etc).

If anyone has any copies of these volumes they would be willing to part with in order to help them start their library, please let me know, and I can give you an address state-side. We're in the States now but are planning to return to the field in early November. Thanks so much!

(PS, I'm not sure if this is catagorized correctly, as this isn't for lending but for donating.)

I do have a lot of books that I need to get rid of. But I don't know that I'll be getting rid of any systematics. Or if I do, they probably wouldn't be of the confessional reformed variety.

But I do have a good many books of the "Christian living" variety. Maybe some commentaries too. I have a lot of books that I don't want to get rid of, but I need to clear out a lot of space too, so sacrifices will have to be made. I had a bunch of Sproul books, but I already gave those away to a local church. Many of the others aren't Reformed, especially not from a confessional standpoint. But I probably have more Reformed stuff than I'm thinking of at present.

I can't promise anything, but let me know if you or they are also looking for something beyond ST texts.

Hi,

The denomination we're partnered with in a country next to India started a certificate course this year in the hopes of developing it into a seminary. One of the needs they have is books to start an English theological library. They are looking to start with classics: Calvin's Institutes, Hodge, Bavinck, etc; as well as newer helpful systematics (Reymond, Beeke, etc).

If anyone has any copies of these volumes they would be willing to part with in order to help them start their library, please let me know, and I can give you an address state-side. We're in the States now but are planning to return to the field in early November. Thanks so much!

(PS, I'm not sure if this is catagorized correctly, as this isn't for lending but for donating.)

Hi brother! Do you mind if I share this on FB? I might have some Pastor friends there who would be able to contribute.

I do have a lot of books that I need to get rid of. But I don't know that I'll be getting rid of any systematics. Or if I do, they probably wouldn't be of the confessional reformed variety.

But I do have a good many books of the "Christian living" variety. Maybe some commentaries too. I have a lot of books that I don't want to get rid of, but I need to clear out a lot of space too, so sacrifices will have to be made. I had a bunch of Sproul books, but I already gave those away to a local church. Many of the others aren't Reformed, especially not from a confessional standpoint. But I probably have more Reformed stuff than I'm thinking of at present.

I can't promise anything, but let me know if you or they are also looking for something beyond ST texts.
Okay, thanks. We would want to stick with Reformed ones for sure. If you think of any PM me with the titles and I'll let you know. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back