Dr. Carl Ellis - Emancipating Our Theology from Western Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Cho's Twitter bio notes, he is a graduate of WSCAL and has written for White Horse Inn. I haven't paid attention to MR and WHI in at least 10 years, so I don't know how recently he has been associated with it. But I have noticed that some have alleged that Dr. Horton has gone "woke." At the very least, some things he's written about social justice seem to be a departure from the previous Escondido 2k stance that they church shouldn't have anything to do with politics. A related ministry, Core Christianity, has had some "woke" material posted there. In light, at least some of what he says isn't quite as incongruous as it would have been 10-20 years ago coming from someone with those associations.
I saw the article and quickly went through it. I only saw "all victims of injustice." Is there more?
It is unfortunate if this is the case especially since I find him to be one of the best, if not the best, of the contemporary stalwart defenders of Reformed orthodoxy.

Last edited:
I saw the article and quickly went through it. I only saw "all victims of injustice." Is there more?
It is unfortunate if this is the case especially since I find him to be one of the best, if not the best, contemporary stalwart defenders of Reformed orthodoxy.
I suppose that's what happens when one embraces R2K.
Not always. All beliefs can lead to nuttiness. Where’s Joel Mcdurmon today?

I don’t think he should get canceled as a reliable voice but may have flirted at least with the terminology.....

4DAA313C-950F-4B4A-8CB6-A576C253A56A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back