Dr John Lennox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peairtach

Puritan Board Doctor
Dr John Lennox of Oxford University was speaking at Dundee Free Church on Saturday. A very able apologist who has debated Hitchens and Dawkins.

John Lennox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He told us of a number of brilliant ripostes he had given to Dawkins, et al, which I couldn't do justice to here.

No doubt they are in his books or on his website.

He has a number of useful books out. His latest is due out soon:-

God and Stephen Hawking: Whose Design Is It Anyway?: Amazon.co.uk: John Lennox: Books

Weren't Ravi Zacharias and Stuart McAllister also there? I heard part of Ravi Zacharias program this morning on the radio and he was talking with an Oxford professor, but I didn't catch the name. It was an Irish man. They were mainly discussing Hawking's new book.
It sounded like a great conference and a much needed one.

Yes. I was most impressed with John Lennox though, but Ravi may have been tired after travelling that day, and I didn't always make out what he was saying partly because of his accent.

Rev. David Robertson - the minister of St Peters, M'Cheyne's church - was hosting and has also written a book contra Dawkins and debates a lot.

St Peters is now "Solas", the Centre for Public Christianity, as well as a Free Church. It seems a very worthwhile project.

Solas - Centre for Public Christianity Website (Dundee, Scotland)

www.stpeters-dundee.org.uk |

Last edited:
Just looked him up and checked out some of his lectures. I like what I've heard so far. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back