Dr. Kistler projects....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
Dr. Kistler has some things on the burner that I am very interested in. I am so getting into Jeremiah Burroughs. After I read Gospel Worship I planned on making his writings my primary reading for a while. I am really grateful for his past work and his upcoming projects. The new projects look awesome. Thanks Pastor Kistler.

The Northampton Press

PUBLISHING

Publishing plans for the remainder of this year are taking shape. The next "new" title will be John Bunyan's little-known work on hell, called "Sighs From Hell: The Groans of a Damned Soul." It is his exposition of the story of Dives and Lazarus from Luke 16. This book is particularly timely in light of Rob Bell's recently released book "Love Wins," in which he denies a literal hell as taught in Scripture, opting instead for the idea that hell is what we create for ourselves here in this world. He also advocates that even after death people will have a chance to be saved. This book by Bunyan deals with both of those errors. You can order it by going to The Northampton Press. The retail price for this book is $20, but you can order it by way of pre-publication special until May 10 for $12, plus $5 shipping. The book is 180 pages long, is stitch sewn on acid free paper, and is a hardback book with dustcover.

There are 3 other titles I hope to have in print this year from The Northampton Press:

1. "Faith," by Jeremiah Burroughs. This book consists of two smaller works by Burroughs bound in one book: "Precious Faith," and "The Saints' Walk by Faith." Neither of these has ever been reprinted since their original 17th century editions. My editing work on them is done, and they are now in the hands of my proofreader. Of all the books by this great Puritan, these two are among the scarcest to find on the antiquarian book market.

2. "Moses' Choice," by Jeremiah Burroughs. I am nearly done with this precious book. It has 58 chapters, and I've completed the editing of 50 of them. In its original printing it was nearly 800 pages on two verses from Hebrews 11: “Moses chose to suffer affliction with the people of God rather than enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season.” The companion volume to this one, "Moses' Self-Denial," which I edited a few years ago, is already in print from Soli Deo Gloria, and is available through Reformation Heritage Books.

3. "Sermons of Jonathan Edwards, Jr." These are by the son of the great New England preacher. Jonathan Edwards, Jr. was a great theologian and preacher of his day. He founded Union College in New York, and pastored several churches. His works were published in two volumes in the 1800's, but nothing by him has been published since then. I found him to be fascinating and a faithful "chip off the old block," as it were.

Obviously all our plans are subject to the Lord's provision of funds. We have enough to do the Bunyan book now, but that is all we have at present. We can always use your help in this area.

I recently purchased a copy of 'The Glory of Heaven' by William Gearing (Puritan), which was edited by Dr. Don Kistler. I haven't started reading it yet but I'm sure that reading this book is going to be sweet.
I got the book for only $5.00 (Hardcover) on Ligonier.com's Internet Specials section.

Note: The link to the book itself appears to be broken but you can still purchase the book by simply pressing the "Add to Cart" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back