Drs. Michael Horton and R. Scott Clark on the Oct. 2006 Ligonier Table Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

InwooJLee

Puritan Board Freshman
R. Scott Clark covers the History of Covenant Theology.
Michael Horton covers Law and Gospel.
Sproul covers the Covenant of Works.

Go here for a 3 month free trial of table talk. I don't think it's too late to get this Oct. issue.
http://www.ligonier.org/tt_freetrial.php

wow, that's a lot of icons, where's the Machen icon?

This is a great issue - haven't started reading it yet, but am anticipating the delights therein!! BTW, Welcome!

Read both articles. Outstanding work. It was good to see them re-affirming the Covenant. R.C. Sproul even clearly restated some historic Reformed orthodoxy such as Christ's imputed active obedience.

Ever since R.C Sproul Jr joined the CREC, I've been a bit nervous about the direction of Ligonier Ministries but this issue was very encouraging.

R.C. Sr. will probably never go FV, Christ's active obedience has meant too much to him. I worry about after he's gone. He aired an interview, the other day and was slurring some words.

Originally posted by turmeric
R.C. Sr. will probably never go FV, Christ's active obedience has meant too much to him. I worry about after he's gone. He aired an interview, the other day and was slurring some words.
R.C. Sproul's ministry has been very important to me and it would break my heart if he ever repudiated it. I would be surprised if he ever did but my heart has been broken by the statements of other men.

Anyway, I don't want to de-rail this. It was a great article and R.C.'s ministry is solid. His son's work worries me and not his. I would feel more comfortable overall with Ligonier if they cut Jr's articles out of Tabletalk.

Sproul in the Cross of Christ conference in Anahiem in the Q&A section was very clear and strong about the importance of the Covenant of Works. He made some strong statements about it, and also about the emerging church movement.

Let me be clear in case I have not been: I am not really worried about R.C. Sr., I am worried about R.C. Jr. I have been a Tape of the Month contributor for 9 years. It is Junior's recent activity that has me concerned and that he still appears on the pages of TableTalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back