"Duel" (1971)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Steven Spielberg's first film, "Duel" (1971), about an ordinary businessman (Dennis Weaver) being followed and menaced by a psychotic big-rig driver (veteran stunt driver Corey Loftin), is half a century old this year. It's become a classic, and still one of Spielberg's best. Spielberg himself has reportedly described it as "'The Birds' [Alfred Hitchcock's 1963 thriller] on wheels." The truck driver is never seen and Weaver's character never discovers why he was targeted by him. If you get a chance to see it, I recommend it.

I was obsessed when I was I kid with it. Its a suspenseful movie.
My friend, who is absolutely obsessed with anything car related, is more obsessed with the movie than I was. Lol. I loaned him the DVD which I never got back...

In the jungle we played some movies for the tribal people. Duel was one of the favorites. The people were gasping and hooting and hollering and even screaming, "Wow.....here he comes again! Watch out!" And biting their fingers in suspense. Fun times.

Just caught some clips. I already love it! That’s horror done right! I can’t wait to show it to my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back