Durham on Revelation OUP, but for a space only DV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
This is a timely notice over at Warfield from Solid Ground Books. They have purchased the few remaining copies of the Old Paths Publications edition of James Durham's Commentary on Revelation. There are only a couple dozen copies left. SG is selling them at $39.95 (I presume plus shipping).

SG mentions a publisher will take up a new edition at some point, Lord willing. I confess C'est moi. Ernie Springer and I were pleased to come to an agreement to keep Durham in print, albeit I will do my thing as far as re-typesetting and improving the text and in particular improving the indexing. It will match the Sermons on Isaiah 53 already in print from Naphtali Press, again, DV. I don't see doing it before 2009 all things considered at the earliest. Great time to pick up the OPP edition.

Thanks for the note Chris; I think I'll wait for what you plan to publish as I really like the formatting of the books you've produced.

Thanks for the note Chris; I think I'll wait for what you plan to publish as I really like the formatting of the books you've produced.
Thanks very much. I do have to say, while I will promise a nice clear typeface, DV, I don't think it will be quite as large print as the OPP type, which I think makes the work a bit bulkier than necessary. We'll see though.

NaphtaliPress, I hope you will seriously consider reprinting Durham's Song of Solomon commentary that has long been out of print before you reprint his Commentary on Revelation. I would love to have it and the used copies I purchased were just in shambles.

This is a timely notice over at Warfield from Solid Ground Books. They have purchased the few remaining copies of the Old Paths Publications edition of James Durham's Commentary on Revelation. There are only a couple dozen copies left. SG is selling them at $39.95 (I presume plus shipping).

SG mentions a publisher will take up a new edition at some point, Lord willing. I confess C'est moi. Ernie Springer and I were pleased to come to an agreement to keep Durham in print, albeit I will do my thing as far as re-typesetting and improving the text and in particular improving the indexing. It will match the Sermons on Isaiah 53 already in print from Naphtali Press, again, DV. I don't see doing it before 2009 all things considered at the earliest. Great time to pick up the OPP edition.

I may, but it will be the last of Durham I do; literally. My plan is to get all the sermons in one volume first, which will only leave the Revelation, which I may do at the same time, and Song of Solomon, which as I say, I will leave for last because of market saturation (BoT reprints, as well as one or two others in the last 30 or so years). But I do think it could stand a resetting as the reprints tend to be faint text, all relying on the early 19th century edition. Interestingly enough, this was the only Durham printed in the 19th century, and except for its reprints, was the only Durham printed until 1990 when I issued Concerning Scandal. If I do get through those three, the collected sermons, Revelation, and Song of Solomon, that will mean all of Durham will be in new editions, all I mean of whatever was actually printed in the 17th and early 18th centuries.

Perfect! I probably won't be finished with my "Isaiah 53" until 2009 anyway! :lol:

(Apologies for showing up late to the thread).

I got SGB's notice about Durham on Revelation and was checking to see who might still have some copies kicking around (likely a few stores) when I saw this thread.

Being one of my favourite publishers (as a publisher myself, hopefully that means something), I think I'll hold off and wait for you to do it, Chris.

Glad you mentioned it here.

Chris - you are the man! I'm on page 240 of the CPJ3. As soon as I'm done I'm going to rave about it here some more. It just occured to me today that, in 3 years issues, I'll have read over 600 pages in the CPJ. Given the typeset and two columns that is probably more like 1000 pages in a normal book.

Thanks Jordan very much.
Thanks Rich. That puts you in the middle of the book reviews I think. I look forward to your comments. Yes; it's a lot of pages, probably close to over 1500 pages for the first three issues if it was in a 6x9 format. If CPJ 4 weighs in as the same size as CPJ 3, that will be nearly 2100 pages. Still a long way to go on CPJ 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back