Durham on Revelation v1 prepub $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
One of most often republished puritan books on Revelation.
If you have not seen it, promo video shot by Reformation Scotland folks.
http://www.naphtali.com/titles/npse/
James Durham, A Commentary on Revelation. Volume 1: Chapters 1-3. 504pp. 7x10, hardbound, smith sewn. "If I had lived in [Durham's] time, I should never, I think, have wanted to hear any other preacher." "Whatever Durham has written is very precious." "Durham is always admirable." "Durham is always good." "Durham is a prince among spiritual expositors." "After all that has been written, it would not be easy to find a more sensible and instructive work than this old-fashioned exposition. We cannot accept its interpretations of the mysteries, but the mystery of the gospel fills it with sweet savour." Charles Spurgeon, Sermon on Isaiah 8:20; Commenting and Commentaries.
Prepublication offer. $40 +s&h. If you want to sponsor the 2019-20 NPSE series of which this is the first title, you may still do so until we go to print with the Durham. We need lots of orders and sponsors. This volume covers of course the letters to the seven churches and contains nearly half of the 25 theological digressions such as on the doctrine of the Trinity. http://www.naphtali.com/titles/npse/

We need significantly more prepub orders for this or it may prove to be a short print run. So if this is of interest, please don't dally. Sponsorships are still open which we could use more of as well (sponsors get their names in and copies of all titles in the 2019-20 series year, the Durham, Dickson on Lamentations, never before in print and from a recently discovered manucript and a critical edition of Jus Divinum Regiminis Ecclesiastici by the London Provincial Assembly in 1646).

I hope this gets done.

"**We are moving ahead with this exciting new series of books. For a limited time we are still offering series sponsor opportunities for 2019-20 (see below). Once with enough prepublication orders and sponsorships, we expect to go to print before the end of the year with Durham on Revelation volume 1. For USA ship to addresses, you can order prepub ($40+$8 postage buy now) or you may still become a Series Sponsor for the 2019-20 series year and receive all of the proposed titles that go to print, special bookplates, and your name recognized and printed in the series sponsor section in front of each volume. See the Store and choose prepub or a sponsorship level, or use the quick pay Paypal links below to sponsor. **

Cliff Notes description (far more detail below)..."

Purchase here...
http://www.naphtali.com/store/products/james-durham-on-revelation-1-3/

Last edited:
Trying. And thanks for ordering. I have finished the final proof reading and negotiating in hopes for some distribution which is the only remaining question (i.e. how many to print) before I submit for publication. Final proof convinces me all over again this is an important book and not so much for his interpretation which one can take or leave, but it is just a plain edifying puritan work and much like his sermons. Besides, this first volume has little on his historicism take as it covers the letters to the seven churches.
I hope this gets done.

Bump as a reminder. Proof reading is done and doing minor tweaks but v1 on Durham on Revelation (1-3) is essentially ready to go to press first of December. About to start on the second of the three titles proposed under the 2019-20 series year, a new critical edition of Jus Divinum Ecclesiastici Regiminis (or the divine right of church government) which is an extremely important work. After doing a popular edition in 1995 with David Hall (without realizing it!) I decided a true full edition which restores 30% of the text with translation of the Latin was necessary. Then I'll move on to the third title after that roll out (prepub etc. likely in December) to the new discovered 1628 manuscript sermons on Jeremiah's Lamentations by David Dickson, who with Durham, penned the Sum of Saving Knowledge. The last is perhaps the most important of the three titles. Support and get all three by becoming a series sponsor for this year. The window for that closes once Durham goes to press since sponsors are actually recognized in the books in the sponsor section in the front. Sponsors begin at 199 US. See the link for perks and "rewards" for higher levels of sponsorship at http://www.naphtali.com/titles/npse/
The Durham video has been viewed getting closer to 10,000 times; that has not translated into 10K orders so consider sponsoring or picking up the Durham on prepub!

I know I want all three.
So this Jus Divinum has a lot more in it than the one I have? Did I read that correct? Thirty percent more is restored? I read the one you published over a decade ago and it definitely convinced me of my understanding of things.

Yes; I didn't realize at the time just how much of the Latin text David Hall edited out, and there were plenty of other mistakes. Chalk it up to sophmore effort. This will be pretty much a definitive edition. John Coffey confirmed my research on identifying the mysterious WA in the appendix. You can order all three prepub as they come out prices to be determined or I can upgrade you to a series sponsor for $199. That is more than all three would cost prepub but you get recognized as a sponsor and get the custom book plates. The 50 or so sponsors I've gotten for 2019-20 essentially have made this effort to publish all three possible.
I know I want all three.
So this Jus Divinum has a lot more in it than the one I have? Did I read that correct? Thirty percent more is restored? I read the one you published over a decade ago and it definitely convinced me of my understanding of things.

I will get back to you after the 3rd of December Chris. I want to upgrade.
Okay, update me. Once I go to print which is about then I'm hoping, the sponsorships for the year will be closed unless someone wants it knowing the first of the 3 won't have their name, but they do get the custom bookplate which will indicate they still sponsored the first volume.

Thank You Chris. I truly want the Revelation to get completed to its fullest extent. It seems to cover a lot of the issues I have had to deal with in life concerning the Church, Ecclesiology, and life in general. It seems to be most applicable to life per the video. I had the Old Paths version but gave it to Ruben before I delved into it. Plus the print was so small. LOL. I like to underline and write notes in my books.

:butbutbut:Don't tell me!
I like to underline and write notes in my books.
I'm not sure about the print. It will be 1 size bigger than my usual since I upscaled everything for the bigger 7x10 format. The main thing will be is the print is not made to look old which was the main design fault I find in the Old Paths edition (if you going through the trouble of resetting the type, why make it look old and be harder to read?). I'm keeping track of all the errors, missing text, etc. in the Old Paths edition and will hopefully have a errata index in the indices which will all appear in the third volume, D.V.
Thank You Chris. I truly want the Revelation to get completed to its fullest extent. It seems to cover a lot of the issues I have had to deal with in life concerning the Church, Ecclesiology, and life in general. It seems to be most applicable to life per the video. I had the Old Paths version but gave it to Ruben before I delved into it. Plus the print was so small. LOL. I like to underline and write notes in my books.

See OP; awaiting some key info but presuming Lord willing that comes in, I hope to pull things together next week to send off to the book maker, for Durham on Revelation volume 1. Time running out for a full benefits sponsorship. Prepub also as noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back