Durham on Revelation vol 1 launch on Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/naphtalipress/james-durham-a-commentary-on-revelation-13-504pp
The Naphtali Press Special Editions fund raiser for the first of a project three titles for the 2019-20 series year has launched. Give it a look and consider supporting as a series sponsor for this series year or if just interested in the first offering, James Durham on Revelation chapters 1-3, there are two modest pledge levels to put you name in for a copy if the project funds. If you are outside the US I'm hoping to have copies distributed at a modest level so that is why there is no Intl. level for just a copy of the Durham. The drive is all or nothing, so if we don't raise the target amount, it isn't going to happen. Tell all your friends even if you are not particularly interested yourself. Thanks very much.

So far not that great of interest but still 26 days to go on this funding drive. If you like the aim of the series, it can't happen without interest and support. Check it out at the link above and if you missed the video that's been viewed 8300 times, see it at the kickstarter page link above.

Online groups you belong to, church folks you know. Those I would have thought be interested would be folks interested in seeing Scottish presbyterian classics in print that won't ever be any other way, big puritan works still passed over for new editions, maybe translation of Reformers, and transcriptions of manuscript works. Think along lines of what some of the subscription based 'clubs' of the 19th century did. Like the Wodrow society (but without the bankruptcy!).

I have reached out to all those I'm involved in, but just thought of a couple of other connections through people I know. (Where are the wealthy and Reformed patrons of the past??) :)

Exciting stuff! I'll share the link in my circle.

On a different note, when can we expect the next issue of the CPJ?

Thanks! And as much as it is difficult for me to walk and chew gum at the same time, I'm working on the 2019 issue of The Confessional Presbyterian now, hoping to get a get bit laid out the next two weeks. But some key stuff still has to come in to complete the issue. So my expectation is we may run later than we have in the past and might not get in the mail till January. It will depend if we hit the book maker on a lite or heavy schedule. If we run 5 or 6 weeks for production, I don't see getting out in time to make 2019. Sort of a journal publishing faux pas, but can't be helped.
Exciting stuff! I'll share the link in my circle.

On a different note, when can we expect the next issue of the CPJ?

Just 15 days left. Take a look and consider sponsoring a new book series that I think has exciting potential. Long way to go so this needs significant more interest and support to pull off. See link in opening post.

Just ten days left and the drive needs serious support to get to the target. See the link in the OP. Support and even if the drive fails that will be a means to receive updates on any Plan B to get into print.

Just ten days left and the drive needs serious support to get to the target. See the link in the OP. Support and even if the drive fails that will be a means to receive updates on any Plan B to get into print.

Have you considered another platform where it isn't all or nothing?

I did; a set up on my own site, but did not like it's clunkiness. So I "thought" Kickstarter with is big platform would be better. Apparently not, or there is simply little interest in such things. Any way, essentially at that point it is like prepub, so that would be the route to go I think.

I'd already done the series sponsor through Paypal but just added a non-reward pledge to the Kickstarter as well.

I know you don't like ebooks but if you added a reward level for allowing me to make quality ebook versions, I might have chosen that ;)

I appreciate it Logan. It's just a no on Ebooks.
I'd already done the series sponsor through Paypal but just added a non-reward pledge to the Kickstarter as well.

I know you don't like ebooks but if you added a reward level for allowing me to make quality ebook versions, I might have chosen that ;)

Ends in just a few hours; give it some consideration and pledge and get on board and even if it doesn't fund you will be in cue to receive news on moving forward.
This will end in 22 hours and we need realistically speaking 50 at the US sponsorship level to make the funding goal. Give it some consideration. There is a plan B if this fails, but as usual, plan B is much harder. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/naphtalipress/james-durham-a-commentary-on-revelation-13-504pp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back