E-readers in 2020: digital vs. print

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a long time I exclusively used physical books. Preferred having the books in my hands. But living in a small terrace house in Northern Ireland made me give digital books a try and now I love it. I still plan to have some core books in the house, but generally look to get digital books now.

I started with the kindle app on my ipad which was surprisingly easy to read. I like being able to change the font size if I need to or the brightness if it's getting dark. I now use logos and don't think I'll go back.

That surprises me. I would think that computer-type screens would be worse for aging eyes (I'm 67) than a physical book would be.

A few taps with your finger, and you can adjust the type size. I can use my Kindle without reading glasses if I wish, or opt for a smaller size with more words on the page.

I used to have E-Sword many years ago. I wonder if it's been improved since then.

I would say more complex to use, but with more features.

A number of years ago, E-Sword alienated many in its customer base when a program update rendered all previous modules incompatible with it. There were people who had created hundreds of modules, none of which would work anymore. (That hadn’t been the case with previous updates.) There are modules you can download directly from E-Sword, but many were created by others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm Oasis....worth the 250$?

Depends. For me I really like the 7 inch screen. I think it’s perfect. It’s also a very quality-built piece of hardware which I use all the time so I think it’s worth it. I was walking in the rain the other day, enjoying the fact that it is waterproof. Obviously that’s a unique use case that won’t sway many :)

Kobo has some 7-inch readers but they always felt a bit cheap to me. The shell on the Aura HD I had squeaked and flexed a lot but I have considered a Libra.

A number of years ago, E-Sword alienated many in its customer base when a program update rendered all previous modules incompatible with it. There were people who had created hundreds of modules, none of which would work anymore. (That hadn’t been the case with previous updates.) There are modules you can download directly from E-Sword, but many were created by others.

I recall that. It also became more complicated to use at that point, with a much busier screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back