E.S. Posthumus-Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piano Hero

Puritan Board Sophomore
There's a band that I really enjoy listening to called "E.S. Posthumus." They are somewhat of an indie band that played "classical crossover" style music (string orchestra mixed with drums and electric guitars).

It occurred to me that, after a bit of research, some of their songs are titled after various false gods (I think Hindu mostly). I haven't found any evidence to suggest what the band members believe, thus, I don't know for sure whether or not the band is "dedicating" the songs to the gods. However, one of their CD's (Unearthed) has their song titles named after ancient cities (keeping with their theme-"Posthumus", which I believe means "all things past"), and this could be a similar occurrence (naming their songs after ancient false gods to keep the "all things past" theme--I don't know enough about hindu to know whether or not the gods named on the album Makara are still being worshiped).

Putting aside whatever you may believe about any certain genre of music, can you think of Biblical justifications why I shouldn't listen to this band specifically? Should I not listen to them just because some of the songs are named after Hindu gods?

Personally, I love the style of the music. It sounds so (as the kids say now days) "epic." I love using it as pre-anything music; it really gets me going and makes me feel energized.

Just a warning: their music is a little "rock-y", if you aren't into that kind of music.

"Moonlight Sonata":

E.S Posthumus - Moonlight Sonata - YouTube

"Unstoppable":
E.S Posthumus - Unstoppable - YouTube

"Arise":
E.S Posthumus - Arise - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back