Earned Doctorate

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
I wanted to post this so that no one misunderstands my tweak to my signature here on the board. "Dr."

As of January 3 I finished all my doctoral requirements for attaining a Doctorate in Religion (DAR).

When European schools (which Whitefield is modeled after), have a student who has met all the requirements subsequent to an academic dissertation, they award them with a DAR degree as one who has completed all interim requirements. This is not the same as a Th.M. which is a preparatory degree (or stepping stone) to get a higher degree. Rather, the DAR demonstrates that proficiency in the subject matter has been attained, and that further academic work will be pursued in order to master a certain genre of material, and thus, the fellows award the apprentice the Ph.D.

So, phase 1 has been accomplished! Now I am striving to attain the second degree and write something that is highly academic on the Westminster understanding of ordination and the Grand Debate between the Presbyterians and Independents. I have submitted my proposal to the school and am awaiting to hear back if the proposal will be accepted. I think, based on my conversation with them today, that it will. I'm excited about this.

Thanks to all those who have been praying for me, and all those continuing to do so.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: Congratulations, I look forwarded to seeing your name on books.:)

VanVos

[Edited on 13-1-2005 by VanVos]

I've heard of Ph.D.(ABD), which is All But Dissertation. I've never heard of a DAR. When you are an academic island, you can write your own rules in a manner of speaking.

How awesome is that?

Way to go Dr.!

teamwin4zk.gif
woohoo.gif

Congratulations! I know your worked hard for that. (Of course, the harder work is probably still ahead of you.) But what a sense of accomplishment you must feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back