Easiest way to buy gold in UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
Well the title says it all. I am thinking coins but how do you minimise the commision? Where do you buy? I can only afford to put a little in at a time a few hundred at a time. How do I do it?

Speak to my Christian friend Douglas Taylor, Perth, Scotland. He's got a Facebook page, and he's selling gold.

Buy British Sovereigns. They are just under a quarter troy ounce (.2354) of gold; don't typically have a large markup; are plentiful; and are recognized world wide. They are my favorite gold coin.

These might even be available from British banks. They're easily bought here in the US. Be leary if the price is much over the spot price of gold. Though many of these coins have dates in the late 19th century, with Victoria's image on them, they are not collector coins. In the past, I've paid 3 to 5 percent above the closing COMEX price for them; but haven't bought any for the last couple years. What I have bought and owned has increased in value substantially.

You might also want to check on a Canadian fund, the Canadian Equity Fund (CEF). They have about 90% of their holdings in physical gold and silver, about half each. One can purchase it through an online trading group like Ameritrade or Etrade. The price of CEF tends to follow closely the price of gold and silver. This is a good way to invest in gold and silver without taking possession of the physical asset. And, this may be bought and sold quickly online. I put some of my IRA's in this a couple years ago; and it turned out to be a good investment.

Pastor Ferrell is right. British Sovereigns and South African Krugerrands are the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back