Ebenezer Erskine on the Christian’s armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
Make much use of the Christian’s armour, recommended in Eph. vi. 11. As, 1st, The shield of faith. No fighting, no standing before the enemy without faith. God’s worthies, Heb. xi. “By faith turned to flight the armies of the aliens.”

2dly, Put on the helmet of salvation, a well-grounded hope of glory; this, like a helmet, will keep the head safe, when showers of darts are flying about you. ...

For more, see Ebenezer Erskine on the Christian’s armour.

Make much use of the Christian’s armour, recommended in Eph. vi. 11. As, 1st, The shield of faith. No fighting, no standing before the enemy without faith. God’s worthies, Heb. xi. “By faith turned to flight the armies of the aliens.”

2dly, Put on the helmet of salvation, a well-grounded hope of glory; this, like a helmet, will keep the head safe, when showers of darts are flying about you. ...

For more, see Ebenezer Erskine on the Christian’s armor.
Thank you for sharing. I dearly love the Brothers Erskine.
An elder in my congregation, Dr. David Noe, just finished translating a treatise by John Arrowsmith on this same topic. I received the draft last night.
Sober treatises on spiritual warfare are always worthy of rejoicing, especially from a Westminster divine.

Thank you for sharing. I dearly love the Brothers Erskine.
An elder in my congregation, Dr. David Noe, just finished translating a treatise by John Arrowsmith on this same topic. I received the draft last night.
Sober treatises on spiritual warfare are always worthy of rejoicing, especially from a Westminster divine.

Good to hear that he has finished; I have seen some of his translations on the Reformed Scholasticism FB page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back