Ebook Psalms of David in Metre with John Brown's Notes no Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterthought

Puritan Board Senior
Ebook Psalms of David in Metre with John Brown's Notes now Available!

For those who are interested, the Psalms of David in Metre with Notes by John Brown of Haddington is now available on the Kindle and Nook. (If a PDF is desired, I'm not sure how I will sell that yet, but feel free to contact me, since I have generated a PDF version too. However, note that this book was made to work easily with e-readers, so I'm not sure a PDF version will be as easy to use.)

From the description, it includes:

Brief Historical Background for the Psalms of David in Metre
Explanation of Metrical Psalms and Tips for Singing Them
Textual and other Notes on this Work and its ebook Format
John Brown's Preface, Notes, and Common Table of Psalms
Links to First Lines of each Psalm
Tune Recommendations
Subject Index
Glossary of some Unfamiliar Terms

The entire work is fully hyper-linked and nicely formatted. The text itself could be considered "fresh" in that I have compiled it from careful comparison of early editions (I did find a couple errors that have crept into modern publications of the text.). To help beginners, I placed some information in the beginning on psalm singing and gave some suggested websites for further help and information. John Brown's Notes are accessible by hyperlink from the main text, so it is possible to use the Psalms of David in Metre as though the notes were not there. The glossary links to words in the main text by means of an asterisk placed after the corresponding words.

Comments and suggestions for improvement are always appreciated.

Last edited:
Thank you both! Hopefully I can get the other formats soon. I have them already; I just need to figure out how to publish them (waiting on Barnes & Noble still...).

Thank you, Raymond. I've purchased it for my Kindle and am looking forward to reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back