Economic Lectures for the Download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
I know John Robbins has some stuff. I have listened to a few of his lectures and enjoyed them. Does anyone else have some economics stuff to download?

I have listened to a few Rushdoony lectures as well. They were quite good, but in no systematic fashion.

I listened to one of the mp3s on the link Vic mentioned. It was the one on labor. It was good. Some of the others were good, but they were extremely erudite and had Austrian accents--which is cool, but above my level.

I downloaded the John Robbins lectures and Greg Bahnsen's course on economic ethics.

I just started the John Robbins lectures and they are quite thorough.

Robbins has a doctorate in Philosophy and Political Theory from Johns Hopkins. His bio on the Trinity Foundation website says he was an assistant to "a member of Congress from TX" and I seem to remember reading elsewhere that the congressman was Ron Paul.

If I'm not mistaken Robbins was a congressional aide to Ron Paul during Paul's first stint in Congress.

That is correct. And I actually agreed with one thing Robbins said in critiquing Gary North today. Robbins, I am beginning to think, is quite solid on economics and politics.

That is correct. And I actually agreed with one thing Robbins said in critiquing Gary North today. Robbins, I am beginning to think, is quite solid on economics and politics.

His position is more or less Old Right or paleocon from what I remember from Trinity Review articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back