Editing Rutherford: Volunteers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Fentiman

Puritan Board Sophomore
Would you like to help in editing the tables of contents to Rutherford's doctrinal works, to be published on the net?

It would probably involve 10-20 hours, beginning next week. We will try to complete those 10-20 hours over 2-4 weeks. Some of this is flexible.

If you are interested, you may comment below, but be sure to personal message me. Send over to me a little about you, and what your experience and qualifications are on the subject.

Experience with Rutherford's writings and familiarity with 1600's language are relevant qualifications. Also, carefulness, respect and interest in subject, and having the ability to complete the project on time.

We will be working off of online editions of Rutherford's works, and will be communicating via email. There are about 6 more works of Rutherford we need the Table of Contents for (and the subject indices). Your name will be listed as an editor.

One reason for the significance of this work is that, when completed, we will be able to quickly search for on one document and find where Rutherford treats of any doctrinal subject (as he made his views known on virtually the whole of systematic theology; he wrote about as much as John Owen).

A few examples of completed tables of contents and subject indices are attached to look through:

Also, for an update, the last work I headed up this way, Archibald Alexander's Lecture Notes on Systematic Theology, is currently being reviewed by a publisher for possible publication.

I have some experience with Rutherford texts and the period works; but I am absolutely swamped with back to back projects for the next 6 to 12 months at least for RHB (2019, Durham on the Song, rest of this 2018 taking a c1628 Scottish work from manuscript to finished volume).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back