Enchiladas poll!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieP

Puritan Board Senior
I woke up this morning thinking, "I should make enchiladas for lunch at church tomorrow!" I found a great recipe that I want to tweak a bit. I'll use corn tortillas instead of the flour. It also has cream cheese, Velveeta cheese, and salsa. I'll add olives, I think. But my question is on what meat I should use?

Just make sure it's labeled if you use seafood. In a congregation your size, Marie, you're bound to have a few with a shellfish allergy. Sounds yummy, though---too bad our luncheons are at the same time!

The corn tortillas will perfectly compliment shrimp.

Are you using the Mexican style corn tortilla or the other type found a little farther south?

The corn tortillas will perfectly compliment shrimp.

Are you using the Mexican style corn tortilla or the other type found a little farther south?

Mexican style corn. Except they tear sooo easily! I ended having to buy a few flour ones to make up for the corn that tore, and they were sooo much easier!

pb140078.jpg

The corn ones tore quite a bit (I replaced the most torn ones with flour tortillas) but they should be fine! I used REAL crab (hey, it's for the Lord's Day!) and didn't use the Velveeta because I thought it would overpower the crab. I used colby/Monterey Jack cheese instead. All ready to warm and serve!

Last edited:
The corn ones tore a bit (I replaced the worst ones with flour tortillas) but they should be fine! I used REAL crab (hey, it's for the Lord's Day!) and didn't use the velveeta because I thought it would overpower the crab. I used colby/Monterey Jack cheese instead. All ready to warm and serve!

Tsk tsk using unlawful meats on the Sabbath :p

LOL! I can't seem to change my pic to a smaller file type. At least it is not a picture of Benny Hinn! :eek:

Thanks for that link. I used to visit relatives in El Paso and never had the real enchilada except there. I never did manage the fried egg though.
You might want to try a more authentic recipe with real cheese:

Traditional New Mexico Red Chile Cheese Stacked Enchiladas Recipe : Bobby Flay : Food Network

I like shredded beef, picadillo (mixed shredded beef and pork), or (real) cheese.

photo of plate with real enchilada meal:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/81/211949739_fd104bbffa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back