English Puritan Meditation web site back online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Tempus faciendi, Domine.
R. Andrew Myers has noted that the valuable web site English Puritan Meditation is back online:

Good news to report. After months of being offline due to server crash at the host site, Amy Gant's website devoted to the worthy subject of English Puritan Meditation is back online. If you have not visited it before, take the time to visit it now and benefit from her extremely useful research into primary sources. It is an excellent site, and well worth the time to visit and consider what the Puritans had to say on this important topic.

Great content there.

Last edited:
Try it now Curt. It tests okay for me.

And may I say, at least now you have something to read tomorrow while snowed in. Sorry about your having to cancel services.

A bit of William Bridge on meditation:

. . . But all men have their margins and their spare times. Some men know not what to do with their spare time, therefore they call in for dice, and call in for cards, and call in for vanity. Some when they are out of employment, they dare not be alone. Have but the skill of meditation to meditate on God and the things of God, and you will never be afraid to be alone; your margins will be all filled up, all the chinks and crevices of your lives will be all filled up with God. Therefore, oh, what a profitable thing is this work of meditation.

Works (Beaver Falls, PA: Soli Deo Gloria, 1989), vol. 3, p. 134.

This is a God send I wanted to learn more about meditation and not from a eastern view. Most of the sites I found were Emergent types.

I was reading in Matthew Henry Psalm 119:147 Reading the word will not serve, but we must meditate in it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back