Enter heaven sprinkled with His blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Robert Traill (Sermons from 1 Peter 1:1-4), Works 4:42-43:

As to this blood of sprinkling, you must not only come to it and abide by it, but you must learn to die in it, and pass to heaven in it. Jesus Christ entered into heaven with his own blood, and we must imitate him, and follow him with his own blood; that is, if I may so say, we must take and keep the mark of the sprinkled blood of Jesus upon our consciences, as our grand pass for heaven and eternal life. The poor dying believer thinks with himself, “I have nothing to trust to but the blood of Jesus Christ; I have ventured on it, and the virtue of it hath reached my conscience many times, and now I would go down to the grave, and rise again in judgment, with this sprinkling of the blood of Jesus upon me, as my only ornament, my only plea, and my only praise, to eternity.” We want to have the virtue of this blood more and more sprinkled upon our consciences, that we may lift up our faces with confidence towards God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have received the atonement.

"Jesus Christ entered into heaven with His own blood, and we must imitate Him, and follow Him with His own blood." What a blessed and light giving truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back