Entry level quiz on forum posting rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott1

Puritanboard Commissioner
The moderators, administrators do a lot of gratis hard work on our behalf.

Some of that is caused by posters not being aware of forum rules and protocols. We are blessed to have a lot of options on Puritan Board.

It might be helpful to have a quiz on forum rules for new members about the rules and protocols of the board.

If every new member was required to pass a quiz of this type, it might reduce some of the common misunderstandings of posters, particularly newer ones. For example, many are not aware it takes 25 posts before one can access the politics and government forum. Others have not considered the Second Commandment implications of a post (i.e. linking to an item) and simply calling attention to this for entry level participation could save a lot of interaction and explanation (and misunderstanding).

The moderators and administrators do a lot of hard work for us and they deserve our informed cooperation. Maybe we can lessen the load a bit for them with this.

A quiz like that would be a great idea, In my humble opinion. :up:

There are so many nice features here and I appreciate all of them. My two favorites: the "thanks" button, and the "delete post" one in the "edit" mode.

BTW, I have way more than 25 posts, and I still can't access "Politics and Government."

But maybe that's a good thing!

:lol:

Margaret

P. S. I still don't know how to post pictures, though... :confused: Tried a number of ways, but can't get anything to work.

:2cents: I've been here since March, and I'm still learning my way around. Part of the PB experience, is "growing" along the way.

If I had to learn everything before they "let me' post--- I'd only have 2 or 3 posts by now! :lol:

I'm thinking one required quiz that perhaps covers the most basic issues you as moderators and administrators have to deal with. Supplemental tutorials are helpful but some new members are not aware even of the resources available, let alone what they contain. Where those resources are and what they are for might even be one of the quiz questions.

Curiously, Ebay now requires a quiz before people post ratings on sellers. Apparently, this has helped eliminate unnecessary interaction and misunderstanding (they even explain the right answers at the grading).

A quiz might be a good idea but I think it would put some people off.
The more hurdles you place in a person's path the more likely they are
to forget the whole thing. I am a person like that.

I think the higher standard we aim for, and the more graciousness we show our moderators, by taking a bit of load off them, the better.:)

No tests should be required to join. Plenty of information is available, for those interested in learning how do to things the easy way. As for lessening the burden on the moderators, people just need to act like Christians and adults. That would take a lot of the problems away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back