ESV Systematic Theology Study Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas22

Puritan Board Freshman
Crossway recently released this Bible and I've been hovering over the "purchase" button on Amazon for a couple days. I'm sort of a study Bible addict! The ESV Study Bible is my absolute favorite, so I am wondering if this new version is comparable to it. The list of contributors is impressive, and after examining the study notes in Genesis it definitely seems to support a Covenantal perspective.

Have any of you purchased it or plan on purchasing it? What do you think?

Crossway recently released this Bible and I've been hovering over the "purchase" button on Amazon for a couple days. I'm sort of a study Bible addict! The ESV Study Bible is my absolute favorite, so I am wondering if this new version is comparable to it. The list of contributors is impressive, and after examining the study notes in Genesis it definitely seems to support a Covenantal perspective.

Have any of you purchased it or plan on purchasing it? What do you think?
I have heard of it, but not seen it yet. Would this not be just a reduced in size and condensed Esv study bible though?

Not really. I've seen an advance copy. Rather than notes throughout the text, it's a series of sidebars on theological topics scattered throughout the Bible (alongside appropriate passages) and theological introductions to each book.

Not really. I've seen an advance copy. Rather than notes throughout the text, it's a series of sidebars on theological topics scattered throughout the Bible (alongside appropriate passages) and theological introductions to each book.
Interesting, and are the contributors the same ones in the Esv study bible, so would be theology more reformed/Calvinistic leanings?

Interesting, and are the contributors the same ones in the Esv study bible, so would be theology more reformed/Calvinistic leanings?
I'm sure you can find a list of contributors online; it wouldn't be the same as the ESV Study Bible, which was primarily Biblical scholars, but would have the same theological orientation.

I'm sure you can find a list of contributors online; it wouldn't be the same as the ESV Study Bible, which was primarily Biblical scholars, but would have the same theological orientation.
Which would make that a very good bible to have as a supplement to the larger one.

To answer your question yes because I noticed that JI Packer is on the list but I think from what I saw there is some comparing with different theology but it looks like it's from the Reformed view like most of ESV

I will probably get this for my bible collection, as would be a good supplement to my Esv study bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back