eternal generation of the Son

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenson75

Puritan Board Freshman
Dear PB,

I have been asked about the above mentioned topic and I hope to get some answers from you folks.

Robert Reymond, in his ST and elsewhere on the Knox Seminary website, has tried to distinguish the Trinitarianism of the WCF from the Nicene Creed. In the process, the doctrines of the "eternal generation" (of the Son) and the "eternal procession" (of the Spirit) are questioned.

In light that his ST is so heavily promoted in churches and seminaries, some have expressed concern that the future generation of pastors and leaders would be following his arguments on this issue.

Are there any thoughts about this?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jenson

Originally posted by jenson75
Dear PB,

I have been asked about the above mentioned topic and I hope to get some answers from you folks.

Robert Reymond, in his ST and elsewhere on the Knox Seminary website, has tried to distinguish the Trinitarianism of the WCF from the Nicene Creed. In the process, the doctrines of the "eternal generation" (of the Son) and the "eternal procession" (of the Spirit) are questioned.

In light that his ST is so heavily promoted in churches and seminaries, some have expressed concern that the future generation of pastors and leaders would be following his arguments on this issue.

Are there any thoughts about this?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jenson

This is the single biggest problem with Reymond's Systematic in my view, and the reason I never recommend it without reservation (i.e. Reymond is out to lunch on this one)

Originally posted by jenson75

Incidentally, I think Dr. Peter Masters does go along with him on this matter...

This is by the by, Jenson, but he doesn't go along with Reymond. As far as I know, he was very pleased with McArthur's retraction and his assertion of the eternal sonship of Christ.

I'll ask him in May, too!

Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back