Ethical to use VPN to watch college football games overseas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would call and ask them how you can watch overseas. If they mention VPN then you are in the clear. If not, then the hardline approach to his situation would mean that you shouldn't watch them.

EDIT: As a side note, they probably have pay options for overseas. I will admit when I traveled internationally for my old job I created my own VPN to watch Netflix. I never really thought of the implications of being ethical, so its a good question. My assumption was I paid for the service and I used my own IP to use the service.

Any other ways anyone knows of to LEGALLY watch college bowl games outside the US? Your replies will dictate whether I get to watch the Alabama game tomorrow morning!! Thanks.

I want to use vpn to get Netflix from Spain and Latin America for Spanish language programming but don’t for legal reasons. I would think it would be the same. VPNs are to protect information and not to gain access to info not intended for you. It kind of turns the whole idea on its head otherwise.

I beg your pardon if there's a mix-up, but tomorrow is the Sabbath, is it not? I know nothing about VPNs and I therefore cannot comment on the propriety of them, but I think I can see some ethical problems in this situation.

Any other ways anyone knows of to LEGALLY watch college bowl games outside the US? Your replies will dictate whether I get to watch the Alabama game tomorrow morning!! Thanks.

I really don't think that using the VPN is illegal even in this case. Unethical if the company says you're not supposed to do this. As an example, in the middle east the VPN is illegal. What did you end up doing?

I really don't think that using the VPN is illegal even in this case. Unethical if the company says you're not supposed to do this. As an example, in the middle east the VPN is illegal. What did you end up doing?

Please don't judge me (gulp), but I did use it. By the way, per your earlier post, there aren't any pay options to do it. If there were I would have just paid (that's what I did for following my NFL team this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back