Ethics and Social Theory books in (and coming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
After Virtue: A Study in Moral Theory (Paperback)
by Alasdair C. MacIntyre

The Desire of the Nations: Rediscovering the Roots of Political Theology (Paperback) [takes Hauerwas, Yoder, and other retreatist from politics post-liberals to task]
by Oliver O'Donovan

The Great Dialogues of Plato

and coming in the mail...

The Ways Of Judgment: The Bampton Lectures, 2003 (Bampton Lectures) by Oliver O'Donovan

Bonds of Imperfection: Christian Politics, Past and Present by Oliver O'Donovan and Joan Lockwood O'Donovan

Return to Reason: A Critique of Enlightenment Evidentialism and a Defense of Reason and Belief in God by Kelly J. Clark

A Short History of Ethics: A History of Moral Philosophy from the Homeric Age to the Twentieth Century by Alasdair C. MacIntyre

Introducing Radical Orthodoxy: Mapping a Post-secular Theology by James K. Smith

Sure. Suggest away.

I had a chance earlier this year to buy The Revenge of Conscience: Politics and the Fall of Man for relatively (no pun intended) cheap. But it was in the heat of seminary mid-terms, I literally had *no* cash on me, so I decided to pass on it.

Since the above reading will take me about half a year, I probably won't buy the recommended book anytime soon. However, I found some of his lectures online that I thought I would give a listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back