Every Commentary of the Scottish Covenanters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis,

Thanks so much for posting this link.

I was previously unaware of this website and it looks like a wonderful reference site. I've bookmarked it and look forward to checking it out further.

Thanks Travis!

Also, Wikipedia shows that Rollock had more commentaries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rollock

Yes. All of the ones in English available online are on the webpage. If there are any others I missed, please post below and I will add them.

Suggestion: include commentaries that aren't available in English in a separate section. That way, readers will know you're aware of them, and if an English translation becomes available it's an easy update (and enterprising readers might be more likely to go in search of said translations).

Suggestion: include commentaries that aren't available in English in a separate section. That way, readers will know you're aware of them, and if an English translation becomes available it's an easy update (and enterprising readers might be more likely to go in search of said translations).

David, thank you for the suggestion.

The Introduction to the page, just so everyone knows, does define the limits of the collection and mentions a number of important covenanter commentaries in Latin, though not all of them.

I would take you up on the suggestion to include Latin commentaries in a separate section, but: it takes a lot of time, and I am skeptical of how much traffic I am going to get from scholars who are fluent in Latin enough to read a whole commentary in Latin, and who would go to my site for such, as the site is geared for a more popular level.

Also, I am basically done with (though have to still finish a few things, which takes some time) with a page listing all of the writings of the Scottish Covenanters flat out, 1500's-1700, which includes all of their Latin (and Dutch) writings (coming hopefully in a week. I also work a full time job, have a family, etc.). Hopefully that will be helpful to persons interested in other languages.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Blessings.

One day it is my hope you will adjust the colors used at your web site for those using 4K resolution computers such that it will be easier to read your posts at the site, too. The whole post tenebras lux thing you have going on is preventing good use of your efforts. ;)

Patrick, thank you much for your encouragement. I, too, hope to remedy the color issue in the future someday as well, but for the time, due to limitations, (believe it or not) this is the best resolution (forgive the pun) of the available options at the moment.

The Lord bless you and yours.

One day it is my hope you will adjust the colors used at your web site for those using 4K resolution computers such that it will be easier to read your posts at the site, too. The whole post tenebras lux thing you have going on is preventing good use of your efforts. ;)

Patrick, thank you much for your encouragement. I, too, hope to remedy the color issue in the future someday as well, but for the time, due to limitations, (believe it or not) this is the best resolution (forgive the pun) of the available options at the moment.

The Lord bless you and yours.
"best resolution" - made me laugh, Travis!I needed a laugh this morning.

Thank you for posting this. I am currently preaching through 1 and 2 Thessalonians, and being able to read Robert Rollock's commentary is a great help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back