Evils of Drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is full of drama, who wants to repent first?:smug:

:lol:

I'll repent...I quoted the Princess Bride and no one laughed...

I laughed but I don't think it was the exact quote and that might be why no one caught it. I believe the exact quote is, "I do not think that word means what you think it means." In addition, without Mandy Patinkin's bad Spanish accent, it just isn't quite as funny.

Its right and wrong. Next...

:banghead: What I was talking about was a response actually discussing the question.

Kevin:

Please tell me how this stance of yours and Bert's differs from the heretical stance of separationists, ie Amish. Good values does not a biblical pattern meet. WHile I may admire certain morality strivings, as with other man-made traditions, this worship is vain because they are the doctrines of men (Matthew 15:9). It is a form of Godliness, but but denies the power thereof. Jesus never expected us to earn our way into sanctification, or to make a lifetime effort to impress Him. That's the whole reason why Jesus came to atone for our sins, because we couldn't. God is not impressed with our righteousness (Isaiah 64:6). God is impressed when we look to Christ's righteousness, the imputed righteousness which He provides to all those who believe upon His name. We cannot be saved by good works, nor sanctified. Does this mean that we are to squander our lives and sin more so grace may abound? Absolutely not Kevin. Yet after it is all said and done, we cannot look to our morality, not watching dramas, dancing, sitting in a hot tub as jewels to be put in our crown. Everything goes to Christ alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back