Exclusive Psalmody Debate (at long last)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will happen when it happens; for now it is back-burnered. I think everyone wants this done right and with the participants' full attentions; so the wait should be worth it I trust.

Is there really any point to having another debate; after all the arguments pro and contra are freely available to all who want them.

Personally, I think that while we wait for this, we ought to have another debate on infant baptism. There are tons of threads on this, but no formal debate on it.

Is there really any point to having another debate; after all the arguments pro and contra are freely available to all who want them.
There is a very valid point, actually. Within the confines of this formal debate there will be organization.

1. No shotgun approach.
2. No strawmen (will be a moderated debate).
3. It's between two men, not the whole board.

I think it will be a most helpful debate.

It also will be conducted between two very able and very amiable gentlemen, and I am certain will be done with a clear foundation of mutual respect and with the underlying presupposition of the common bond they share in the blood of Christ.

NOW LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :oops:

There is a very valid point, actually. Within the confines of this formal debate there will be organization.

1. No shotgun approach.
2. No strawmen (will be a moderated debate).
3. It's between two men, not the whole board.

I think it will be a most helpful debate.

Fair point. :up:

I would like to see the debate happen because I'm not aware of too many defenses, at least not online ones, of singing songs of human composition that also affirm the RPW (and not the Frame view of it.)

Since it seems someone is asking every week what happened to the Exclusive Psalmody debate PB was supposed to have: BUMP.
It will happen when it happens; for now it is back-burnered. I think everyone wants this done right and with the participants' full attentions; so the wait should be worth it I trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back