Expelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravens

Puritan Board Sophomore
Yes, I realize the clip juxtaposes Christians and Jews as similar examples of those who believe in God. And, yes, I realize that for many (including myself) YEC is the Biblical position, and in that respect, I.D. is neither saving nor sufficient.

:) Now that I've hopefully prevented a PB throwdown:

I am very much looking forward to this movie: Expelled

Go to the website and watch the "Super Trailer". Judging from that, it seems to be a top-notch documentary. It will appear in theaters during the spring. Hopefully it can play a significant role in exposing the blatant biases of the scientific-educational-media "establishment" by providing examples of how they have black-balled, black-listed, shunned, disfellowshipped, and silenced those who disagree with conventional story of origins.

And actually, despite holding to a YEC position, I think intelligent design does have its own proper place: Namely, it shows, without revelation, what reason and interaction with the created order was intended to show: Namely, "His eternal power and Godhead." So, it is not sufficient or saving, but it at least shows that nature points to a Creator. Anyhow.

Watch the clip. I'm impressed.

By the way, at one point in the clip it shows the Michelangelo painting of Adam and God touching fingers. The bar at the bottom doesn't show elapsed time, so I don't know exactly when it is. Just a head's up, because I know that for most of us that is a violation of the 2nd Commandment.

Judging by the blog I think it is also going to 'expose' a lot of anger and hostility aimed at those who are trying to 'destroy' science and force their dogmatic religion down our throats.

Other Expelled discussion threads:

Trailer - latest

Expelled - No Intelligence Allowed

:oops:

I don't like being "that guy". Hahaha. Maybe I'll start a few E.P. threads and a political throwdown while I'm at it.

Mea culpa.

:)

Last edited:
OK; I'll bite. I figured out I.D. means intelligent design.

But, pray tell, what are YEC and PB?

Like many busy people, if I read a promo and cannot fathom a thing because of cute abbreviations, or terms that are not in my online dictionary, I don't click on the link to figure them out. I ignore them and go on.

OK, now that I know what this is about, I'll just say I'm a YEC'er too, and decline to be drawn into any debates over creation. It's just not my calling. Sorry.

OK, now that I know what this is about, I'll just say I'm a YEC'er too, and decline to be drawn into any debates over creation. It's just not my calling. Sorry.

Haig, what debate? God created all there is in six literal 24 hour days. Theistic evolution is a lie and Darwinism is a religion.

Next!

Haig, what debate? God created all there is in six literal 24 hour days. Theistic evolution is a lie and Darwinism is a religion.

Next!

:amen:

So beautifully succinct, Bill.

Going tomorrow eve to see it with a good friend and our eldest daughters.

You should see the way that it is making movie critics spit and squeal in their pre-release screenings, their liberal presuppositions are really coming to the fore.

I hope to see it with my remaining at-home daughter. My wife is visiting three of our grandsons in the midwest.

Last edited:
This kind of stuff has been going on for a very long time. I knew a brilliant christian scientist who was denied his doctorate because he refused to deny creationism. This was back in the late 1960s. It's nothing new.

We just got home from seeing this movie. We really enjoyed it. Though it didn't go into the subject matter as much as I would have liked, it was a good introduction to the topic for those who are completely unaware of what is going on in the academic community.

The movie very clearly separated Intelligent Design from Creationism, and it showed the links between Darwinism and Nazism, which to me was chilling. It also made left you wondering where Darwinism might take us down the road. At one point, Stein said that Darwinism leads to savagry.

All in all, it was good film. The entire audience applauded when it was over.

The makers were dishonest with their interviewees, dishonest about allowing (and then disallowing) people to view the film, and dishonest in promoting the film. Dishonesty permeates the content of the film as well: quote-mining, selective editing, and misinterpretations permeate the movie from start to finish

Yeah I agree Michael Moore is... oh wait they were talking about someone else.

My youngest was home sick today (possibly a reaction to her exotic immunizations for a STM to Kenya this summer) and my wife is in the midwest with some of our kids this weekend, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to see the movie.

Ben Stein was interviewed today on Michael Medved's program. Medved commented that the applause at the end is pretty typical in most of the showings reported so far. It sounds as if Ben Stein got radicalized in the making of the movie. He began looking at it as a slam on the Nazi connection, ID did not really interest him that much. However, the progress of working on the film and interviewing people such as Dawkins changed his mind.

Last edited:
My youngest was home sick today (possibly a reaction to her exotic immunizations for a STM to Kenya this summer) and my wife is in the midwest with some of our kids this weekend, so I will have to wait until tomorrow or Sunday to see the movie.

Ben Stein was interviewed today on Michael Medved's program. Medved commented that the applause at the end is pretty typical in most of the showings reported so far. It sounds as if Ben Stein got radicalized in the making of the movie. He began looking at it as a slam on the Nazi connection, ID did not really interest him that much. However, the progress of working on the film and interviewing people such as Dawkins changed his mind.

The interview with Dawkins was particularly interesting.

I saw it tonight and thought it was excellent. In fact I'll probably see it one or two more times before it is all said and done.

:up::up:

The makers were dishonest with their interviewees, dishonest about allowing (and then disallowing) people to view the film, and dishonest in promoting the film. Dishonesty permeates the content of the film as well: quote-mining, selective editing, and misinterpretations permeate the movie from start to finish

Yeah I agree Michael Moore is... oh wait they were talking about someone else.

The Expelled Exposed website is put out by the National Center for Science Education which is heavily criticized in the film. Some of what is on this website is in the film. I am not surprised they are jumping all over Stein, as is Dawkins who was made to look like a fool in the film for stating that he didn't believe in ID and then turning around and saying that if the Intelligent Designer came from another planet, he might believe in it.

Simply put, my husband and I have been around the secular academic community (at the university level) for a long time, and we have witnessed the very thing that Expelled tries to bring out. It is that way in the academic community no matter how much the NCSE and others scream it isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back