Extracting PDF page range into new PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

timfost

Puritan Board Senior
To any one who is more technologically savvy than I am...

I am trying to extract PDF pages 246-290 (portion about women voting, majority and minority report) into a separate PDF so that readers do not have to work through such a large document. The PDF is at:

https://canrc.org/documents/8034

Do I need special programs for this or is this an easy task? Please walk me through if you were writing Extracting PDFs for Dummies.

My denomination is working through this issue and currently holds to "male headship voting." My local church would like to see this changed along with a number of other congregations within our denomination.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Thanks, Chris, but I also should have mentioned that I work from a Chromebook. My PC is out of service...

What is Chromebook
Oversimplified, a generally inexpensive Android based laptop developed by Google and very cloud reliant, biased toward Google software. Usually minimal onboard storage. You can't run regular Windows software, although many software makers will offer stripped down versions that will work, and there are generally alternative programs to meet basic needs. (Think of an Android tablet but in the physical form of a laptop, and you'll be on the right track).

So any proposed solutions need to keep those limitations in mind.

1. Open the PDF in Chrome.
  2. Click on print.
  3. Select your pages.
  4. Change destination to PDF.

To any one who is more technologically savvy than I am...

I am trying to extract PDF pages 246-290 (portion about women voting, majority and minority report) into a separate PDF so that readers do not have to work through such a large document. The PDF is at:

https://canrc.org/documents/8034

Do I need special programs for this or is this an easy task? Please walk me through if you were writing Extracting PDFs for Dummies.

My denomination is working through this issue and currently holds to "male headship voting." My local church would like to see this changed along with a number of other congregations within our denomination.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Looks like the original question is taken care of, but for future reference, https://www.ilovepdf.com/ is a great resource for splitting, combining, etc.

Attached.

Oh yeah!
You think that's cool Chris. Here's one with the original page numbers and an embedded searchable index.:banana:

Ed

EDIT: BTW - No one has heard from me for about a month. I was pretty sick, but I'm OK now.

Attachments

• Synod Burlington 2010 Reports V 1 pages 246-290.pdf
    334.7 KB · Views: 2
Foxit's PhantomPDF software is much cheaper than Acrobat and does a better job with pdfs

About 3 of us in my office have switched to PhantomPDF. It's OCR capabilities are quite good, and it's search feature yields results in concordance results without having to build an index. I'm sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back