Extreme Worship: "Preacher" dies following snakebi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're driving through South Carolina backcountry, you might hear this on AM radio...

"So come to the Sword of Joshua, Full-Gospel Pentecostal Tabernacle of Praise, just off of route seventy-two on the frontage road. I am your pastor, Elroy Scruggs for another hour of power blessed by the Lord! And be sure to come on Wednesday night... ughh... for rattlesnake roundup night! And ye of little faith best bring antivenom, be cause you liable to get stung by the Lord!"

Crazy charismatics....
:bigsmile:

Actually, it's kind of sad that anyone, especially a shepherd (little 's') would
misinterpret scripture so badly that it cost him his life. Some example huh? I suppose most of his congregation will explain it away by saying that apparently he did not have the faith they thought he did....

:tombstone:

Originally posted by Learner
I can understand a humorous angle to it,however,it just
makes me sad to think that some twist the Word to such an extent.
Flycaster,you and I share the same proper name.I am
curious,what is your middle name?Mine is Wayne.
I too can not see humour in another's death. This practice may be over the top but how is it twisting the word? Mark 16:18

Originally posted by Puritanhead
If you're driving through South Carolina backcountry, you might hear this on AM radio...

"So come to the Sword of Joshua, Full-Gospel Pentecostal Tabernacle of Praise, just off of route seventy-two on the frontage road. I am your pastor, Elroy Scruggs for another hour of power blessed by the Lord! And be sure to come on Wednesday night... ughh... for rattlesnake roundup night! And ye of little faith best bring antivenom, be cause you liable to get stung by the Lord!"

Crazy charismatics....
:bigsmile:

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back