Faith well pleasing to the Father

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Hugh Binning, Works, p. 563:

Faith must needs be well-pleasing to the Father, for what is faith else but the soul’s complacency and satisfaction in the Son. As the Father is already well-pleased with his death and sufferings, so he propones [proposes] and holds him out in the gospel, that you may be as well-pleased with him as he is. This is believing indeed, to be pleased with him as the Father is pleased, and this pleases the Father too. Oh that you could understand this! The gospel is not brought unto you, that you may reconcile God, and procure a change in his affection; but for this end, to beseech you to be reconciled unto God, to take away all hostile affections out of your heart. And this is the business we have to do, to persuade you that the Father holds him abundantly contented with his Son. “This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.” And to move you to be as well contented with him as he is, he says, “Hear him.” “I hear him for you, hear ye him for me. I hear him interceding for you, hear ye him beseeching you.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back