Family Talk on XM Radio needs new format altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonGoodwin

Puritan Board Sophomore
I don't know how many of you have XM Radio to listen to while driving. I have it so that way it passes the time while I'm out on the lower 48.

Occasionally, I'll listen to the Family Talk channel. This is supposed to be Christian Talk. They will play a clip in between programs where a female trucker says that she wouldn't listen to anything else other than Family Talk.

However, I differ from that. After listening to most of the programs on there, I find plenty of reason to change the channel when certain shows come on. The only times I really look forward to listening to it are when Alastair Begg and Albert Mohler come on. (Sometimes Michael Card as well, although he's really been plugging that New Living Translation for some strange reason.) Most of the rest of it proves to me that I'm better off listening to classical music or the Hockey Talk channel. (Even then, I have to switch away from there because some of the talk gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too idle and cynical.)

Are there any other XM listeners out there who have the same concerns I do about the schedule of speakers on XM?

BTW, there's a link to the format if anyone's interested to look it up: www.salemxm.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back