Family Worship Bible Guide - Missing Chapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Williamson

Puritan Board Freshman
G'day Everyone,

I'm currently using the Family Worship Bible Guide from RHB as a daily devotional (https://www.heritagebooks.org/products/family-worship-bible-guide-bonded-leather-gift-edition.html); today, as I finished Daniel 11, I went to place my bookmark at Daniel 12, but the FWBG doesn't have anything on that chapter. Since this guide is meant to cover all chapters, I wonder if mine is a misprint, or if all editions are missing Daniel 12. Could someone please check their copy to let me know if they have Daniel 12 or not?

Many Thanks

Josh

I have the study notes for the RHSB (which I believe the Family Worship Bible Guide comes from). It has thoughts on Family Worship for Daniel 12.

This is what they have. If this violates too much of their copyright, mods can nuke as they feel fit :)

Thoughts for Personal/Family Worship: Chapter 12
1. The classic text on the resurrection (12:2) is occasion to reflect on this vital doctrine. For the believer, the resurrection is a glorious hope that the body will be delivered from sin as well as the soul, and that forever we will enjoy the completeness of our redemption in a body like Christ’s. For the unbeliever, the bodily resurrection is a terrible thought—to be in a body capable of being tormented forever. It is incentive to repent in order to be among the wise that will shine like stars in that day.
2. Verse 12 sums up how the Christian is to live in the light of God’s certain revelation. After Daniel sealed up the book, life would go on as normal with people going about and knowledge advancing (v. 4). The passing of time, however, should not dull the spiritual senses. God promises blessing to those who wait and patiently endure the troubles of life in eager anticipation of God’s purpose. In spite of the uncertain meaning of the 1290 days versus the 1,335 days (vv. 11–12), the point, in part, is that sometimes the waiting may be longer than expected. But God is never late in His timing, and the end will come as He has purposed. Christians should always live with a view to the certain future.

Joel R. Beeke, Michael P. V. Barrett, and Gerald M. Bilkes, eds., The Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible (Grand Rapids, MI: Reformation Heritage Books, 2014), 1222–1223.

I have the study notes for the RHSB (which I believe the Family Worship Bible Guide comes from). It has thoughts on Family Worship for Daniel 12.

My RHSB contains those notes also, but the FWBG seems to be missing it. I wonder if it is a misprint in general, or have I simply got a dodgy printing?

My RHSB contains those notes also, but the FWBG seems to be missing it. I wonder if it is a misprint in general, or have I simply got a dodgy printing?

Got it! Sorry that I misunderstood the question. I have no idea as I don't have it. But I'm sure someone here will be able to help! Blessings.

This was an issue with the first printing. It was corrected in the second edition. Please accept our apologies for this mistake. @kodos It is fine for you to post that here. I have meant to for those with the first edition.

I noticed that mine had the same missing chapter a while back. So whenever I come to Daniel 12, I just read it out of the RHSB instead of the FWBG.

I'm not sure why, but I always have a little feeling of satisfaction when I find a typo in a published book. The Banner's edition of The Christian Ministry by Bridges has four (IV) parts. But if you have it, you'll note on the title page of part four actually reads "Part VI".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back