fantasy baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
I know I posted a similar request (as a poll) a while back, but I wanted to invite anyone who might want to join a fantasy baseball league. One PBer already has expressed an interest.

We play NL-only rosters, 5x5 scoring format, have a live draft (though not mandatory), and use Yahoo's fantasy baseball website (so it's free!). If anyone's interested, send me a PM.

And, in case anyone's interested, I went with the slightly modified Cane Ridge Revivalers.

I've never played any fantasy sport. But, baseball sounds interesting. Can you tell me a bit more about it?

Basically, we have a live draft (done via computer) where each person selects players from each of the NL teams (more challenging this way) in order to fill each of the positions on your team (3B, OF, SP, etc.). You accumulate points based upon how well each of these players do statistically throughout the season. In a 5x5 format, offensive players accumulate stats in R, HR, RBI, BA, and SB; pitchers do so in W, K, ERA, S, and BR/9 (number of base runners per nine innings). If your team leads in a particular category, you get 10 points, 2nd place gets 9, etc. This happens for each of the 10 categories, and the player with the most points at the end of the season wins.

Of course, there are those unpredicable factors to weigh. A top player might get injured or have a terrible season. Someone might get traded to the AL in the middle of the season (you stop earning stats at that point). A superstar might get traded from the AL (in which case he can then help you team).

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back