Favorite food

Discussion in 'The Iron Chef' started by Andres, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andres

Andres Puritan Board Doctor

My steak avatar looks gooooood! :drool: Everyone on this entire board should use this thread to post a picture of their favorite food. Ready...go!

2. John Lanier

John Lanier Puritan Board Junior

Your steak does look very appetizing. However, I have a sweet tooth and I would have to say that banana pudding is my favorite food.

View attachment 2162

3. PuritanCovenanter

PuritanCovenanter Moderator Staff Member

4. NaphtaliPress

NaphtaliPress Administrator Staff Member

5. Andres

I think my favorite banana pudding is from Golden Corral! Ever tried it?

6. CIT

CIT Puritan Board Post-Graduate

7. John Lanier

John Lanier Puritan Board Junior

I have not. I will have to try it. I do know that it, along with everything else, tastes better in the South.

8. CIT

Speaking of Golden Corral, I eat there because of their bread pudding. Fantastic!

9. InSlaveryToChrist

InSlaveryToChrist Puritan Board Junior

10. Andres

Yes! Easily my favorite dessert! Here's Jenny with a cheesecake she made me from scratch for Valentine's Day a few years ago.

View attachment 2166

11. Romans922

Romans922 Puritan Board Professor

12. CIT

Lucky lucky man you are.

13. DMcFadden

DMcFadden Puritan Board Doctor

Mexican food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheese enchiladas, tacos, guacamole, rice and beans, chips, HOT salsa, tamales, and all of the rest.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

14. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Puritan Board Sophomore

Hm, for me, it's seasonal.
    Summer: cherries(esp Rainier) and apricots.
    Autumn: jonathan & macintosh apple pie(butter crust).
    Winter: shepherd's pie and challah bread pudding.
    Spring: baguette and triple cream harvarti.

That steak avatar did lead me to buy a nice big ribeye. Hadn't had a steak for a while. Hubby and I split it for dinner last night.

15. Dennis1963

Dennis1963 Puritan Board Freshman

16. Dennis1963

Dennis1963 Puritan Board Freshman

17. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

I want your steak. With a baked potato. Otherwise...a big chocolate malt (with double malt) on a hot day (like Dallas all summer).

View attachment 2173

18. fishingpipe

fishingpipe Puritan Board Freshman

View attachment 2175

Lexington (Western NC) Style Barbecue. I have found no barbecue to compare. With barbecue slaw and hushpuppies.

My junior and senior years in high school I probably ate this very dish 165 out of 180 school days along with a footlong hot dog "all-the-way." I could eat it 3-4 days a week now and never grow tired of it, but having moved from the immediate area only get to enjoy it a few times per year.

19. Tripel

Tripel Puritan Board Senior

You may have heard the slogan "Cheddar--makes everything better." Lie!!!

It's GRAVY that makes everything better.

View attachment 2176

20. Jack K

Jack K Puritan Board Professor

Carne Adovada. It's chunks of pork simmered in red chile sauce. I particularly like it served in a burrito or enchilada and topped with New Mexico green chile sauce. A regional dish that's nearly impossible to find unless you live within about a 300-mile radius of Albuquerque. Yum!
    View attachment 2179

21. Jack K

Jack K Puritan Board Professor

Excellent selection! I spent 20 years in Winston-Salem and ate my share of Lexington barbecue. Good to see it getting a plug.

22. Sviata Nich

Sviata Nich Puritan Board Freshman

23. Herald

Herald Administrator Staff Member

My Laurie's veal marsala.

sent from my most excellent Motorola Atrix.

24. Pilgrim Standard

Pilgrim Standard Puritan Board Sophomore

25. jwithnell

jwithnell Moderator Staff Member

Mmm, I should dig up a photo of one of my pizzas. In my humble opinion pizza is the world's most perfect food -- restaurant, delivery some store-boughten, but mostly homemade!

26. AThornquist

AThornquist Puritan Board Doctor

Because of my personality, I very rarely have a "favorite" anything, just a bunch of things I really like. Sometimes what I really like is what is weird and will cause a humorous reaction out of others (see the grub worms in my avatar), or sometimes what I really like is a simple meal like a big, decked out salad with grilled chicken. Truth is though, I'll eat just about anything. :p

27. fishingpipe

fishingpipe Puritan Board Freshman

Winston-Salem was where I was born and raised, and Lexington was only a short drive down US 52. Glad to hear you discovered the goodness!

28. Mushroom

Mushroom Puritan Board Doctor

If there were some plate that combined sirloin steak with shrimp, pulled pork barbecue, Alaska King crab, sesame chicken, green salad, asparagus, potato wedges, and dinner rolls, I'd be set. Barring that, I'll just have to suffer through enjoying each of them each as I can.

29. NB3K

NB3K Puritan Board Sophomore

30. NB3K

NB3K Puritan Board Sophomore

They're good too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.