Favorite Rock Concert You've Attended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Yellowjackets count? I saw them back in '91 in Reno. It might have been the best concert I ever heard regardless of genre.

"The Clash" at the Max Bell Arena, summer of 1982
The Combat Rock Tour

Awesome. I bet that was good. Being only 2 at the time, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it, but I'd love to go back in time and see the Clash.

The Doors, 1967
Jimi, 1967
Newport Pop Festival, 1968
Jesse Colin Young, 1970
CSNY, 1972
John Prine @ the Palomino, 1972

Many others during this time and since (Stones, Airplane, Dead, NRPS, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Canned Heat), but those early days were the best...

Kris

oh, i forgot another front row experience: john prine.it was at the kent folk festival at kent state, i think in '99. i even chased his van down and got an autograph!

and my h.s. algebra teacher called me jesse colin young.

and i have seen neil, but not csny.

Last edited:
"The Clash" at the Max Bell Arena, summer of 1982
The Combat Rock Tour

Awesome. I bet that was good. Being only 2 at the time, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it, but I'd love to go back in time and see the Clash.

They were the best. Also saw in that same era:

The Police 1980
Supertramp 1979, 1982
Peter Gabriel, David Bowie 1983?
The Boss
Simple Minds

Rollling Stones in 2007 and Eagles 2009

And we have tickets on May 08 2010:
Our Lady Peace

Can't name just one. Some of my favorite shows were...

Overkill (I've seen them on every tour since 1991)
Nevermore
Flotsam & Jetsam
Souls At Zero
Black Sabbath (with Dio)
Death
Exodus
lots more

I'm going to see Megadeth, Testament, & Exodus on March 12th

I read in some local San Diego magazine (I don't know how it made its way to Sacramento) that Dave Mustane from Megadeath has become a Christian.

I read in some local San Diego magazine (I don't know how it made its way to Sacramento) that Dave Mustane from Megadeath has become a Christian.

That's what he claims. On his website he says the most important life lesson is: Love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as you would yourself, family is the most important thing in this life, without your fans you are nothing, and its easier to understand than to be understood.

I hope he's a Christian. It's interesting how Mustaine has been putting biblical references in his songs for the last few albums. He even did the 23rd Psalm.

Hey Dan, ever hear of Deliverance? Your thoughts?

[video=youtube;5rVhunWvBo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rVhunWvBo8[/video]

1. Beatles, 1964
2. MC5 and Bob Seger, 1968
3. (not really rock concerts, but Burt Bacharach and Anthony Newley, 1977, and Burt Bacharach by himself in about 1985)

U2 87' Fort Worth Convention Center- Filmed the movie Rattle N Hum...unbelievable night...3 - 1/2 hours long...
89' Stryper- Six Flags...backstage Bible Study very weird...
90' The Choir - Texas...very cool band
92' 77's in Cali...greatness..
U2- Dallas Achtung Baby...
90- Petra (This Means War) at SMU

Hey Dan, ever hear of Deliverance? Your thoughts?

I've heard of them but never listened to them that I can remember. I like it. How old is it? Sounds like classic late 80's/early 90's thrash. My two year old is moshing to it beside my computer chair.

Ever listen to Believer?

TSOL (Old school punk) in a veterans hall. They played 20 minutes then a fight broke out. I value my hearing too much for a concert these days.:D

Dream Theater

My favorite band! If I were to go to a concert now-a-days, it would be D.T.

My favorite rock concert........ R.E.O. Speedwagon put on a great live show; and Rush's Power Windows was excellent.......... but I'll have to say the G3 tour - Steve Vai & Joe Satriani as my all-time favorite.

Classical: Pavarotti or Yo Yo Ma..... it's a toss up!

Not really a rock concert, but I've seen Nickel Creek and the Punch Brothers multiple times. (I have a thing for Chris Thile and his mandolin). They're always excellent.

Only one I've been to was Chicago back in 2007. It was shortly before I proposed to my lovely bride Jenn (narniasinger).

Although, I did see Carman back in 1991. And also the Verdi Requiem (the rock and roll of classical music)!

I have not seen a concert since becoming a Christian. These were my favorites pre-conversion.

Rush 2112, Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Moving Pictures Tours
George Thorogood 50/50 Tour at the Zodiac in Moorhead, MN
Rolling Stones Tattoo You (1981 Tour) St. Paul Civic Center
Frank Zappa 1981 U of M, Minneapolis
Eagles, Steve Miller Band Winnipeg
Yes (with Rick Wakeman)
AC/DC Back in Black, For Those About to Rock tours
Alice Cooper

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (when they had the orchestral background). Lots of Zep played. (Can't remember the year.)

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

I have not seen a concert since becoming a Christian. These were my favorites pre-conversion.

Rush 2112, Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Moving Pictures Tours
George Thorogood 50/50 Tour at the Zodiac in Moorhead, MN
Rolling Stones Tattoo You (1981 Tour) St. Paul Civic Center
Frank Zappa 1981 U of M, Minneapolis
Eagles, Steve Miller Band Winnipeg
Yes (with Rick Wakeman)
AC/DC Back in Black, For Those About to Rock tours
Alice Cooper

Yes and Rush put on AMAZING shows. Yes' Live @ House of Blues DVD from a few years back shows they still have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back